Harley Exhaust

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I really don't want to get rid of my Harley exhaust tip and I've not seen any one that carries a 5" Harley Tip.

So I was under the truck yesterday and was thinking about pulling the out the Cat and hollowing it out. What kind of benefits could I expect to see out of doing this? Sound? Overall Performance? Cons?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Maybe get a cat delete pipe [mbrp] that bolts right in? You get a little better performance, and the cat is available if you need to bolt it back up. A turbo back system would be the way to go. Not sure the exhaust tip would be the deal-breaker on a better system.

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am trying to keep anything that was Harley edidtion specific on the truck. Plus I was looking at an 5" MBRP cat delete pipe set up and it didn't look much different than what is on my truck now with the exeption of the obvious cat being gone.

I am not really concerned with removing it, but was curious to know about the possible benfefits. As it is I get 20 MPG highway with my current set up and 12-15 MPG hauling depending on weight

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thats fantastic mileage with 35's, I wouldn't change a thing. Not that long ago you claimed the truck would get 22 mpg at 75 mph. Don't mess with a good thing.

Last edited:

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was getting 22 MPG, but I think it was attributed to my tires having 70k miles on them. I had an immediate drop in MPG with the new Nittos...

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I am calling B***S*** on that mileage claim. Maybe with a 2wd, regular cab short box lowered to the ground, but not with a crewcab lifted with 35" tires.

I am sorry....I don't buy it. I have the same set up on my truck with a 4 inch staight pipe exhaust and the best I can get down the interstate is 16.

Now....it is highly illegal to hollow out your kitty :sly but you will more than likely see a drop in EGT's and maybe a little better mileage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58