Has anyone done a DPF delete on a 6.7?

Sherlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a dpf delete on my 11' F250. Have any of you done this yet? Any advice? Thanks in advance.........

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I guess the question would be, what are you looking to accomplish? The advantages of deleting on a 6.7 aren't as big as they were on the 6.4. The 6.7 mileage is already pretty good.
I would assume you understand what happens to your warranty if you delete?

Sherlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Better mileage is my first priority. It’s not bad but I’m always looking to improve it. I’m looking ahead a little. I should be out of warranty in less than a year.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Better mileage is my first priority. It’s not bad but I’m always looking to improve it. I’m looking ahead a little. I should be out of warranty in less than a year.
Understand on the mileage. Engine warranty is 5/100k, you are getting close to 100k already? :sweet

Sherlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my work truck, my pull my camper truck, my drive to the store truck, my hunting truck, my go to church truck...... and my everything else truck. I put 40 to 50K a year on it.

bhunter669

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We just got a 2012 F-350 a week and a half a go. 600 mi and avg 14.5 mostly around town miles. I'm impressed. Anxious to read more about these, just won't be doing any mods. Any suggestions on where to buy the exaust fluid?

Brian

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com Brian. Some of the parts stores have it in 2.5 gal. Some of the
truck stops have a pump at the fuel island beside the fuel pumps, that is the cheapest.
Doug

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD.com Brian. Some of the parts stores have it in 2.5 gal. Some of the
truck stops have a pump at the fuel island beside the fuel pumps, that is the cheapest.
Doug

The cheapest I have found is purchasing a pallet at a time...realize this isn't practical for everyone. Also cheaper yet to buy by the barrel...fine if ya have the facilities for it.

To the OP...I am planning to remove the DPF and EGR system very soon....we have had considerable issues re: def freezing up and causing the truck to go into limp-mode...

BTW: I just noticed my profile didn't update...I current run 2 F250's pulling a 22' goose..they are 2011s...will try n update my profile once I get out of here, lol

Last edited:

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 2011 and i get around 20 to 22 gallon. really nice.

since Idid the DPF delete my mileage increased by approx 12% plus. Was getting 19.5/100 with stock...now it averages 17.2/100. You can google the conversion to US. Plus we aren't having to fool with DEF additive. Ya gota convince me how we can use that much less fuel but contribute so much more to the Polution factor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58