Have exhaust question

SuperDoodie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going with a cat delete pipe for the stock exhaust and as i was going to order from a performance place near me in jersey they told me it wasnt a good idea :( because the turbo on my 06 F250 is a variable vain turbo and the turbo needs the back pressure from the cat. They said i could do it if i wanted but it could possibly shorten the life of the turbo. Is that true about the turbo? If anyone has any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated cuz i thought of a turbo back but i was just gonna do the cat delete for now but i dont want to comprimise the turbo.

Reaction score
full of crap. How long would a fan last if you turned it on facing down. Back pressure is a somethin that robs power. Delete it and be happy.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you aren't going to do and aftermarket exhaust delete the cat, and muffler, and let that turbo whistle. Keith

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't know what they're saying. All the backpressure the engine needs it gets from the turbo, the turbo needs 0 backpressure. My 04 has a variable turbo also, I have 4" turbo back exhaust w/ no cat and no problems. Delete the cat, install a system or whatever.....let 'er breathe!!:sweet

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2006...6.0L...would it be alrite 2 put on a 5" exaust from the turbo back...no muffler...st8 piped ???

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mbrp cat delete/test pipe takes 15min to bolt in and out...
no cutting needed...and no evidence of the pipe having ever been
in place or the cat removed.

ive been running mine since before 15k miles...no problems.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't know what they're saying. All the backpressure the engine needs it gets from the turbo, the turbo needs 0 backpressure. My 04 has a variable turbo also, I have 4" turbo back exhaust w/ no cat and no problems. Delete the cat, install a system or whatever.....let 'er breathe!!:sweet

All 6.0 have a VGT. It is a matter of what year the truck is to how man vane there are. The 03 has 7 vanes, 04 has 11, and the 05s, and 06s have 13. That is why the 03 has more of a whistle.

I have the MBRp turboback duals, no cat. As for the muffler, it might as well be straight piped. Sounds like a big block gasser with a supercharger. Keith