Have you heard about Dodge.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, an Acura is really a Honda with lock-washers. :D The Sterling is essentially a Dodge, but owned by Freightliner, which sells big vans made by Mercedes. Then again Dodge sells the same van. And of course IH bought GM's mid-size truck line, and GM sold Allison. So at some point you should be able to buy a FordChevAmChrysWagon. :dizzy

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So at some point you should be able to buy a FordChevAmChrysWagon.

Well then. I'll take a Ford CC F350 with a Cummins and an Allison please:D........................

:dunnowatcha mean this ain't Burger King:(

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
-those new little ford/international cabover trucks are mazda bodies.
-the sprinter vans are 100% mercedes, with freightliner or dodge emblems
-i worked on a bering truck today, wich is really a hyundai...the engine said detroit diesel, everything else was stamped VW.........??????
-the ford/sterling/freightliner/dodge cluster fook is bad enough to make your head spin
-in 2006 Mistubishi was owned by freightliner (they owned 51% of the shares) in '07 mistu bought a few shares and owned themselves again. later in '07 the fuso half bought more shares and decided to change the name on the truck to fuso, however still do business under mitsubishi, but they also decided to throw allison in the mix of drivetrain because americans are the only ones who can build an auto.
basically....nobody makes anything for themselves, and every company "owns" or "is owned" by 3 or 4 others, and it all changes every 5 minutes. it disgusts me.

i wish it were more like it was in the days of the model t, when ford meant FORD, not fordodgevy.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(drive train because Americans are the only ones who can build an auto.)

Allison Transmissions is now a Canadian Co. LOL

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-those new little ford/international cabover trucks are mazda bodies.
-the sprinter vans are 100% mercedes, with freightliner or dodge emblems
-i worked on a bering truck today, wich is really a hyundai...the engine said detroit diesel, everything else was stamped VW.........??????
-the ford/sterling/freightliner/dodge cluster fook is bad enough to make your head spin
-in 2006 Mistubishi was owned by freightliner (they owned 51% of the shares) in '07 mistu bought a few shares and owned themselves again. later in '07 the fuso half bought more shares and decided to change the name on the truck to fuso, however still do business under mitsubishi, but they also decided to throw allison in the mix of drivetrain because americans are the only ones who can build an auto.
basically....nobody makes anything for themselves, and every company "owns" or "is owned" by 3 or 4 others, and it all changes every 5 minutes. it disgusts me.

i wish it were more like it was in the days of the model t, when ford meant FORD, not fordodgevy.

bunch of damm SELL-OUTS is all MOST businesses seem to be
any more...and a large majority of the buyers arent in the USA !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58