Having fat friends makes you fat???

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Anyone else take a look at the study in the paper that says “having fat friends makes you fat”? The headline, “Obesity can be passed on just like a virus”?

As if people needed more reasons to universally hate and malign fat people. Now friendships are being destroyed because of total, shameless, agenda driven junkscience. The data used was not even collected for this study, it was an incidental finding from other data taken for another study, and a closer look at the BS they created reveals the true nature of the numbers games and twisting that they went through to “prove” their point.

Pretty much reinforces what I’ve been saying all along. You can use science to “prove” just about anything to your typical, average, every day dullard.

I guess the only reason I brought it up is because of my long-winded rants about the EPA’s use of junkscience to scare monger their way into usefulness (in order to prevent total obscurity and elimination). This is pretty much proof-in-the-pudding that even the most respected scientists can create total crap if their minds are cluttered with thoughts of funding and headlines. These days, obesity is the hot-button issue, so why not publish a piece of utter rubbish like this?

I feel vindicated. I suggest anyone interested visit junkscience.com to read an article about this study and see just how ludicrous it is that they came up with the findings that they did.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
It is ridiculous. I'm a svelt 275 and I have plenty of friends who have to run around in the shower to get wet. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who lose sleep about there weight, hair, clothes, etc. I have never fully understood whats wrong with just being who you are and making it work for you. And then having friends who either accept you or not. I'm leaning towards having the people who conduct this non-sense to maybe find a cure for a disease or getting our young men and women out of Bush's sandbox over in Iraq. The study is a complete joke. And, of course, I'm sure it was funded by our tax dollars.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man and all this time i thought it was cause my SKINNY friends
just thought my FAT ASS was UGLY !

now i know all i have to do is LOOSE weight....

Last edited:

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can already shoot holes in this scientific breakthrough. All of my friends stay the same size while I get bigger a little at a time. Hah! It is confirmed that the scientist is an idiot.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can already shoot holes in this scientific breakthrough. All of my friends stay the same size while I get bigger a little at a time. Hah! It is confirmed that the scientist is an idiot.

I agree. All of my friends are skinny and I am bigger and bigger and bigger.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
That solve it, I done hanging with fat folks. You are not dragging me down with you willingly!:tounge

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Well besides coming to false conclusions they really like to take everything too far. I am 5'11" 215 lbs. and that is considered "obese". I am supposed to weigh 160 and anything over 180 is "overweight". I was 180 in high school/college and did not have any fat on me. I would say I am overweight now but not obese. If I am obese what is rosie?
Cholesterol is another one. Used to be 220, then 200, now some doctors want it under 160. Screw em. Mine was 215 last I checked and the only reason I care is it put me in the second teir for life insurance.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thay can kiss my 6ft 4in 380lb rear end. Im fat I know it my ol lady and kids love me the way I am anybody that does not like me because of my size:tounge :bootyshak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14