Having trouble getting out of Four Low

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hey guys Anybody ran into this problem put My 04 F-250 in Four low to get out of My Muddy Back yard this Morning. Now it wont come out. Shut Truck tried to take it out with Ingnition on Not Running, Tried with it Running in Neutral, Running and rolling forward and Back. Dont Know? Any Ideas? Is this a common Problem? IF so is it the Switch in Dash Or the solenoid on the Tranfer Case? Thanks Bubba

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I guess you put in park then neutral while trying to disengage it.

Tbar

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have it in neutral with your foot on the brake. Not sure about 04's but mine won't go in or out of 4x4 low unless that happens.

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Thansk Guys I did try it in neutral with the Foot on the Brake,also. That is what the Manual says to to to putting it in or out of Four low. I will try it when I get home tonight again. Didnt want to piss the Neighbors off to bad a 4:30 this Morning Playing with it so I left it at home til this Evening . Bubba

atk

Reaction score
Thansk Guys I did try it in neutral with the Foot on the Brake,also. That is what the Manual says to to to putting it in or out of Four low. I will try it when I get home tonight again. Didnt want to piss the Neighbors off to bad a 4:30 this Morning Playing with it so I left it at home til this Evening . Bubba

i had the same problem with mine one time. had to back up for about 500ft before it came out and yes i tried everything else that was required....good luck....

atk

Reaction score
i had the same problem with mine one time. had to back up for about 500ft before it came out and yes i tried everything else that was required....good luck....

also after i did that, i did the nuetral and foot on the brake....came right out....hope this helps

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
sometimes it gets bound up, and you need to "beat the piss" out of it to free it up. happened a lot on my moms old expedition every time it was in 4l and the tires touched pavement. once i got the tires to chirp a little from mashing on the pedal, it would pop right out when i threw it into neutral.
sounds scary, i know, but it worked!

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never had a problem with mine. Just grab the lever throw it out of low into high then into 2 high and good to go. Now sometimes having it come out of 4 hi to 2 then sometimes stays in for a little bit. 97 f150 was the first of that new body. I can see that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58