HD Radio

dpantazis

Reaction score
HD is NOT satellite radio. its like DaveBen said, its like HDTV to regular TV. your programming is going to be location specific.

Crumm- have you tried satelite radio? i have friends that travelled there and got Sirius in most areas out there, including the Homer spit!

dp

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pioneer doesnt offer anything for HD Radio.

The add-on XM box shouldnt cost you more than 99 bucks....still
cheaper than a new HD radio head unit !

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD is NOT satellite radio. its like DaveBen said, its like HDTV to regular TV. your programming is going to be location specific.

and HD radio is FREE <unlike xm or sirus> !

Every major metro area has HD radio...and i believe that clearchannel
radio is broadcasting in everyone of their markets in HD...they OWN
radio (more than 80 different markets...and 100s of stations)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Crumm- have you tried satelite radio? i have friends that travelled there and got Sirius in most areas out there, including the Homer spit!

dp

I know a few guys that have it and the service is very limited up here. Just a few spots here and there where it works.

Reaction score
All the ice road truckers have sirius cause they listen to bubba the love sponge. If yer askin wether to go to hd radio or satelite radio just ask yerself 1 question. How many commercials do i wanna listen to.

BTW HD= Hybrid Digital not high definition

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the other thing is the lag of the processing in the radios. if i have the HD on regular radio station, and another one on somewhere else in the house, there is this wierd delayed stereo effect as the HD radio takes like 1/2 second to process the HD signal while the analog radio has no decoding just plays.

dp

Over the air HDTV would do that, too. It may also be caused by the HD broadcast not being sync'ed exactly to the analog.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the delay in the digital transmissions. Sounds weird indeed.
My guess is that is the time to convert from analog to digital, but I am not the expert on HD.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg