head gasket

oilburner67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
looking for some help my friend has a 2004 f-350 6.0 auto bully dog 4 inch exhaust and intake, banks six gun with speed loader and just blew a head gasket any one else have this problem or is he just unlucky

thanks steve

f-350 cc duallie 6 speed stock for now

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
I have only read of a few...... But I have read of someone else with the banks having it happen... Not too many people like that six gun.... Maybe this is a hint why......

Max Power

Reaction score
Is he under warranty? He might want to take all of his extras off and take it in for warranty. I am pretty sure this will be an expensive operation if it is on his own dime. I believe they might even have to pull the cab off. Although that in itself is not a real big deal, it's still not much fun if you have to pay for it all.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
The 6.0 in the Ford chassis has a problem with head gaskets. Ford can not keep them in stock and knows there is a problem but little to nothing has been said via FMCdealer on it. I do know they were on backorder for quite some time and Ford only has limited stock on them to this day. Now with the mods your buddy has on his truck will depend if the dealer is mod-friendly or not as to whether it will be covered by the warranty or not...

Max Power

Reaction score
Mod friendly or not I would remove them. All it takes is a FoMoCo warranty rep to come around at the wrong time and you are SOL. Out of sight our of mind. Better safe then sorry! Just my opinion.

jpxj94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My work truck blew one at 86k on the clock. 04
f-450, completly stock. It was replaced under warranty and it took about 3 weeks to get it done.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
And it hits OASIS report that its heavily modded, so Ford can try to deny future claims based on this. Best to remove toys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58