Headed to AR this Weekend

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, we are planning on heading down to AR from SW MO this weekend pulling three jeeps on my 40' GN Flatbed. I figure the Jeeps at about 3500# each and the trailer at about 7k unloaded. Do you think that the truck will handle pulling the weight alright? The trailer has tandem duals with brakes on both, but I want to make sure I'm not going to smoke the Torque Converter.

TIA,
Rusty

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I have pulled my old trailer a 30 gooseneck with my bronco and a 77 f-150 shortbox on it with the 01 and I weghted over 23,000. I had a 6 speed so don't know how you tq converter will like it but you will definatlly know its back there.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
the most i have ever weight (truck,trailer, H1 hummer, toyota sienna van) weighed in at 24,060. i also have the torqshift. pulled that load real good, even up thru the rolling hills of TN & VA.

took the 2 cars to the DC area.

i think you should be fine.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it will be fine. The rig at the left tips the scales at 24500 and the 6.0 pulls it just fine. Have fun down there at Hot Springs. I have been on some of the trails and it's a fun place.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate it. I have a problem with the trailer now though. The Tow Command module won't show a trailer connected, but the lights and all work. And, the trailer brakes are locked up to the point that they won't release. It's a 2006 Model year trailer and has only been pulled twice! Have you had any of these issues!

Please I need help quickly!

Thanks again,
Rusty

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Inside the trailer connector the blue wire is your electric brake wire. Test the pin from the truck that goes to that pin to see if that it is hot all the time. It shouldn't be. The wires are color coded and should be blue to blue, brown to brown etc. You can google 7 pin trailer connector and get schematics. Check you emergency breakaway switch to make sure it didn't get set off. Good luck getting going and out on the trails

Last edited:

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks we got it figured out finally. The hot wire was directly connected to the trailer brakes.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a few pics. There was too much wheeling going on for a ton of picture opportunities. But, it was a great time! The truck ended up loaded at just under 27.5k. It hated those hills in AR though. I also found that moving the trailer from a stop blew a ton of blue smoke out of the tail pipe? :confused: I ran without the chip and that seemed to stop it until Sunday coming back when it did that consistently whether the chip was on or not. Did I smoke a turbo seal or an egr? Would I be better off with an SCT to control the tranny getting up those hills?

Thanks,
Rusty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim