Heading to Texas

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be starting my trip to Texas Thursday morning. Not a minute too soon, oil prices decided to get higher. At least I've saved up for this. And just an update, I did get the hub on my boat trailer repaired from a different shop. One of those mom and pop places for probably $200 less and it only took two days to get the boat back.

So my truck is rigged for the drive to Texas, 4.5" lift with the stock 265's on there. It sure does look goofy without the 35's but I need to squeeze every last mile I can get out of the fuel. Brand new air and fuel filters too. So if you are on I-26, then I-20 to Atlanta, on to I-85 to Mongomery hopping onto I-65 to Mobile where you hit I-10 all the way to Beaumont, Texas and you see a black F-250 with little bitty donuts for tires pulling a blue Ranger Flats boat with 35" tires in the bed, give me a honk. I'm looking at 18 hours of fun and a honk and wave would break up the boredom.

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a round trip. I'm not out of the navy yet. My sister is getting hitched the weekend after Memorial Day Weekend. I took extra time off to make the trip worth the money spent (not that being at my sister's wedding wouldn't be worth it). Either way, I'll have plenty of time to get after those huge Texas Speckled Trout. It will probably be easy to find me at the Sabine Jetty in my boat. I know the female parent unit will have an extra short fuse next week so that is my escape. I grew up fishing the Sabine area so I should still know what's going on there. Anyway, I've got to get some shut eye, I'm going to hit the road at 4:00 a.m. to beat rush hour here and just miss it in Atlanta. It shouldn't be too bad, probably hit some rain somewhere between Mobile and Louisiana. Fresh rainx aught to do the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14