Heading to the dealer... need advise

atk

Reaction score
does sound like a head gasket issue. don`t blame you for trying another dealer. they should of checked for combustion in the coolant with the dye test...anyway good luck and hope you get your truck fixed

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Sound like Head Gaskets to me too, hopefully the new dealer will fix it right for you, the first time.

SiFlyBy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The best test is to place the cooling system under a vacuum and see if it holds the vacuum. I would guess yours would not.

Z71

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well, the guy is a ****ing dumbass because the rep is the one who pays for those crazy unsolvable warranty issues that dealerships are always getting screwed with.

the 6.0 is an excellent engine that has its glitches like any other engine ever made. dont preach about how much you hate it on this site because you wont get much help. a lot of people here love there 6.0, and even own more than one.

a pressure test on the cooling system will only show the worst head gasket failures. there is a kit that tests the gases coming out of the cooling system, and turns a liquid from blue to yellow if there are combustion gases present. i could get part numbers off the kit i have here if your new dealership doesnt have a clue. lets hope for your sake they do.

Thats your opinion, wake up to the real world the 6.0 has had more than a Few(GLITCHES) . I do not presently own one but have in the past. If you think that the millions of dollars that Ford pumped out in court cases due to people dieing in 6.0 powered ambulances that left them on the side of the highway on the way to the hospital is a glitch then you need to do some more research on this matter! No other diesel has that fine track record. BTY, If Ford had not rushed Navistar on the production of the 6.0 because the another diesel was out, this could have been prevented. IMO!

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
No other diesel has that fine track record.

no, not at all. the diesels i work on every day ARE F'ING PERFECT!!! i work on them because they are fun, not because they broke!!!

do you honestly think that ford and navistar are the only companies that have ever had issues, and spent million dollars in court?

as i type this i can look out into my shop and count 2 ambulances with vp44 pump issues. come on man, the 6.0 is NOT that bad compared to the competition, and i speak from experience.

oh yea....WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! ;tu

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Hello, Z71. Long time, no post. I believe that if you look at the sheer number of 6.0 diesel powered vehicles on the road you will find that it is not that bad, track record wise. The 6.2 and 6.5 GM's are easily worse. One of the issue's with the 6.0 is that folks tend to get vocal with complaints, not so much kudos. I'm guilty of that myself. You hear more about the problems than the actual durability. I wouldn't know Zook if I tripped over him, but from reading his posts and advise given to other members I can't see him needing a wake up call from you or anyone else on here. Might want to do a post search before you go toe to toe with a mechanic. IMHO.

Z71

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion from first hand experience! Not trying to step on anyones toes, just i grew up around diesels and two very bad experiences later left me bitter. As for the 5.7 and 6.5 wanna be diesels, I agree they left much to be desired!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Just my opinion from first hand experience! Not trying to step on anyones toes, just i grew up around diesels and two very bad experiences later left me bitter. As for the 5.7 and 6.5 wanna be diesels, I agree they left much to be desired!

Fair enough. What are you driving now and how does it compare to the Ford's?

Z71

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. What are you driving now and how does it compare to the Ford's?

LBZ D-Max, I have had a couple of minor warranty issues (CEL illuminated) with it but I am pleased with it. I would much prefer the solid front axle of the Ford but I guess I can't have my cake and eat it to!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14