Headlight Adjustment

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to adjust my headlights to a lower position. I know how to do it but I need to know how far away from a wall and how high up they should be. Can anyone help? Oh yeah, it is a 4x4.

Thanks
Scott

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Nice post, I have always wondered but never asked or looked into it. I just moved them until I was slightly under the rearveiw mirror of MOST cars. If it happens to be into it, on a lowered ricer, who's fault is that?

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Partz, thats what I was looking for. Now to find a level spot 25' from a garage door. Do you think anyone would call the cops on me if I just used the first driveway I find?

Scott

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Just find a dark wall on a commercial building. I prefer ones with brick, so you level the lights on the grout line.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't think of that one, but I still like the idea of someones driveway that I don't know :D

Scott

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I need to lower mine, I was driving by a lady in a honda accord at night and she was covering her eyes because of the lights in her eyes...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Headlight Adjustments

When I put my new clear style headlights in, I started out using the garage door. I lined the crease in the middle of the hood up with the middle of the garage door and backed the truck up a ways while keeping the crease aligned with the door.

Then I aligned the up/down until they looked to be about the same. Side to side is a little harder. I set them to where the beams would meet on the pavement (inline with truck center) about 50' ahead. I've been tweeking the up/down adjustment to where they look the best on a level road.

IMHO: I'm not too concerned about adjusting them to stay below mirrors of vehicles ahead of me. I just try to avoid getting on someones ass while waiting at the stoplight. Heck, the top of my hood is as high or higher than the roof line of most cars and I'm at stock height. With all the shoeboxed size cars running around, trying to keep ones headlight adjusted below someones mirrors is too much like "relieving one's self upwind". :dunno

Last edited:

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
My favorite line from the instructions:
3. Turn the headlights on.
I also just installed the clear type with separate low/high and fog lens style. They look and work great, but I'm also noticing people I stop behind at a light are adjusting their mirrors. As it was previously stated about the ricer who's fault is it? But in their defense if we lift our trucks are we not to blame as well?
Who cares, my Ford is bigger, badder and alot cooler than any little ricer. :eek:
Smile as you go over! %):roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14