Help Needed Headlight alignment?

playinatwork

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there a correct way to align the headlights? I replaced my headlights, waited till dark and parked the truck facing a wall and just guessed at the alignment. I took it ofr a drive and changed the height a little but it just doesn't seem to be right. Is there a method I should be using to align them or does it take a tool I don't know about.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it does take a special tool, mounting to the lenses on the three "points" sticking off of them..
however.. if you can find a level place against a wall, pull the truck right up to the wall and turn on the headlights.. take a tire crayon or something similar and make a cross in the middle of each beam.. back the truck off about 25 feet (one truck-length plus a fender) and use the adjusters to bring the beams back to the cross.

not perfect, but it'll get you close.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks! High or low beams during adjust??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I just use the garage door for azimuth and initial elevation adjustment reference points. After a few nightime road tests, I tweek the elevation up or down until I get it where I like it. Again I use the garage door as a target to keep the two headlights at the same elevation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14