headlight knob (not an "engine, drivetrain, & chassis quest)

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Has anyone devised any improvement to our headlight knob? After almost 10 years my knob has apparently worn, or else the post, and virtually every time I pull on the lights the knob comes off in my hand. It is VERY annoying. Since it must be removed to remove the dash I can't superglue it. Any suggestions?

-popcorn

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inside the knob there is a little clip if you remove the clip from the knob you can bend the clip so it holds the knob on the switch better.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
cool, thanks. I'll give that a try this evening when I pull it off again at go-home time!

psdan000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you could do what we did on one of my dads old work trucks and just snap a pair of vice grips on her! other than that if bending it back doesnt work i think you can get a new knob at the dealer. maybe try looking in a junkyard too.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new switch only cost about 10 to $12.00 at any parts store and it would have the new clip on it. I got one once that was about $18.00 and it had the knob with it. My old 1984 was ruff on headlight switches.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
well I bent it a little yesterday on the way home and it held ok when I turned on my lights. We'll see if it holds. I may have to go the new knob route anyway. I noticed the plastic cover is cracked along the area where it goes over the post. That might be part of the problem.

Thanks guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14