Update Headlight lens restoration

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BBT came late yesterday with the Meguire's headlight lens fix kit (Zookie ?). Below is 2 applications and about 20 minutes of my time. This stuff works.

The "Before" pic doesn't do justice as to how frosted/etched they Really are (the flash I think).

Followed the directions (can't believe I did that :D) and Whalla.. I could see the reflector and bulb defuser thingy.

Good Stuff

View attachment 9366 Before

View attachment 9367 After

I'm think'n this stuff has the ability to bring back the OEM look. Guna do them both today til' it's as good as it gets. I'll post some more pics if anyone's interested.

Joe

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
Below is 2 applications and about 20 minutes of my time. This stuff works.

judging by the pics ill have to agree with that!!! thanks for the info JOE! now im off to fix my sisters car, she will be happy!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can us one of the Mothers Powerball in your power drill and
any good wax and do a good job on your head lights.
They do look good Joe.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can us one of the Mothers Powerball in your power drill and
any good wax and do a good job on your head lights.
They do look good Joe.

I was think'n the same thing Doug, about the PowerBall. I got after them both this AM and on a 1 to 10.. they came out a 9. Afer All ? They Are.. 10 years old.. Don'tcha know.;)

I used my 18v drill, took it slooow'n easy back'n forth, up'n down.. wiped it off.. Turning on the H-lights to see areas that need attention helped too. Came out Real Good.

When the wife said.. That looks good Hon.. Like Brand New.. I figured I had done enough and quit. Took about an hour.

When I waz put'n things away ? I saw I already had some Plast-X cleaner, had a Applicator/buffing wheel and a couple dozen Micro fiber towels...... which is what you get.. one each of.. in the Kit. But what the hey, I just was looking for something that did'nt require a bunch of elbow grease or removeing the Light assemblies... If I could help it. :dunno

This is Good Stuff & It Worked. (FWIW kinda thing ?)

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
picked mine up today. im wrapping it and giving it to my sister with a coupon for "one free headlight restoration"

gotta love a low budget Christmas!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Big Joe I am happy that it turned out for you.:sweet

;tu I'm Good To Go with the results too. So is the Mrs...... so that, in it's self, is proof of an absolutey successfull restoration..;):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58