headlight up-grade question

broncomania

7.3 with stacks
Reaction score
my rig is a 2000 psd 4x4 xl model. it has the ugly headlights.
can i just buy some off an xlt model and bolt them right in and go ??

dpantazis

Reaction score
if you have the XL trim grade and have the all gray grill, then you most likely have sealed beam headlights. you can get Ecode versions of the sealed beam units. if you have XLT or better trim grade, then you ahve to change the frosted housings out to 2002-2004 clear glass housings. its a simple swap.
also consider upgrading the wiring harness- oem is thin wires = voltage drop. you can roll your own or get premade harness from goss racing. link in my sig.
dp

broncomania

7.3 with stacks
Reaction score
dpantazis said:
if you have the XL trim grade and have the all gray grill, then you most likely have sealed beam headlights. you can get Ecode versions of the sealed beam units. if you have XLT or better trim grade, then you ahve to change the frosted housings out to 2002-2004 clear glass housings. its a simple swap.
also consider upgrading the wiring harness- oem is thin wires = voltage drop. you can roll your own or get premade harness from goss racing. link in my sig.
dp
where do i get the ecode versions? i would like to swap my grill and bumper to chrome.

broncomania

7.3 with stacks
Reaction score
img_0668.jpg

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
If he was going to change the whole front end couldn't he put the 05-06 stuff on it? I saw pics of some truck that was converted. Looking at the front you would never tell that it was older.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58