Headllights out!!

OneFastFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a heavy duty wireing harness upgrade with the bright light feature. It started with the driver side light going out, for about a week then mysteriously it started working again. Last night both low beams went out but the highs still worked. I changed bulbs today, both of the old low beams were shot. Now i have a very weak drivers side light, the passenger side looks ok while the truck is on (running lights) when i go to the switch i lose the drivers side ligth all together, high and low beam? I have tried swapping the relays around and it made no difference. Please help!!!

Erik

atk

Reaction score
check and make sure all connections are clean and have no corrosion. may also be a ground problem...hope this helps

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I would take out your heavy duty wireing harness upgrade with the bright light feature... start back at square one if that is possible... there has gotta be some kind of ground problem/connection problem that is not allowing enough juice or causing too much at times... good luck...

OneFastFord

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks all of you. It ended up being a burnt/melted connector on the drivers side. The kit was supposed to have high temp connectors and be able to with stand higher than stock wattage bulbs! Kind of ticks me off that it melted with just stock bulbs in there...oh well...at least i have my lights back and am ready for the drive to seattle...should be fun with all the weather we are having. Happy holidays.

Erik

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58