Heat

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how cold does it need to be to plug in the block heater? Do you leave it plugged in overnight? Living in Fl probably don,t need it?..........

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Most say below 30 degrees F. I would not leave it plugged in all night. The heater draws a kilowatt per hour of power. The truck doesn't need it and you won't want to pay for it. 2 or 3 hours before you start your truck is good. You won't need it.

Dave :)

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
when i was able to plug mine in, i had it on a timer to come on 3 hours before go time. i would plug it in when it was going to be below 40, just so it would have some heat (for me). for the past 3 years i havent been able to plug it in....it starts and is angry, but it always starts. i do let it warm up for about 15 minutes before i try to drive anywhere now.

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy

thanks, you are right if you don't plug it in it starts "angry". so i tried plugging it in last night started easy thanks for the info.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, you are right if you don't plug it in it starts "angry". so i tried plugging it in last night started easy thanks for the info.

Hey banana, it's one opp. we dont need to much.....LOL I pluged in last night and the night before I dont like the 20 deg. times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58