Heated mirrors

rum4by5

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with their mirrors not defrosting properly. Sometimes my passenger side one works and the driver side might come on if I am lucky?? Any help with this would be appreciated......

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
In my book it says I have no control on the mirror defrost, its an event caused by enviromental conditions. much like the EATC thingy, it knows best where i want air.;)
so if all the fuses are good. try a low tech approach, park the truck in a manner oppisite o the day before and see if the problem switches mirrors. maybe oneside is,, colder? I am not sure where or how many sensors are involved, but i bet its complicated set of alogirthyms tied into the boost, egts, tranny temp and of course outside air temp:eek:
i am reaching here.
not sure the life span of the heating element. i am sure there is a way to open up the door and apply a test voltage to the mirror to see if the element is working.
Mine seem to be slow to decide at first if they want to stay on. they will clear , then fog back over , then clear up completely.

I will search today during lunch for a bit of info

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine work very well, but when we went to PA over last Chirstmas, it stayed at about 25* for a week, and they got stubborn, but did their job....I too think its something to do with temps outside!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58