Heated Seats: Replacement Element?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ron -

better still, c'mon down to texas (itll be warmer than where you are ;)

06_KingRanch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No wallet or anything - just a big fat ass on it for the last 4 years - :eek:

I use to use it year round - helped out with my back pain - but since last January and my operation, the truck sat for almost 6 months and I haven't tried to use it until the other day. Would have been nice this morning as it was 9 degrees out there.

Those look fine except for the fact that they come pre-wired to a multi-heat range switch - and I'd like to keep the factory switch in place. Have to go look at it again, but I don't know if it would look factory being changed.

On another note - I just suffered a hard drive melt down - and lost all emails back to 2003 - so send me a quick note so I can get your email again. The novaps address is going to be gone later this month.

Not under warranty anymore or I'm sure they would replace it. Plus I would not want to have to deal with ummm - unhooking stuff - :sly - at the moment.

Thanks,

Ron

our truck isnt either they just agreed to replace it since they missed that when they inspected it before they sold it so they replaced

Reaction score
Heated Seats: Replacement Element? REVISITED

Thought I would give an update on this post:

I recently got around to investigating the seat heating problem. Yeah I know it's been awhile - but life kept getting in the way.

I went ahead and pulled the drivers seat out. Four bolts hold it to the base and then a few connections. Found the two connectors for the heaters - the bottom tested fine - the lumbar one was bad. So removed the cover until that got exposed. These are King Ranch seats - word of caution: the leather is attached in the valley crease with Velcro attached to the foam. I started pulling and tore the Velcro from the foam for about 6 inches until I saw what I was doing. No problem though - just used some spray adhesive and put it back together.

So after pulling back the seat cover until the pad is exposed, I noticed a very tiny dark brown burn mark (about 1/8" long) near where the main wire connects to the pad. I sliced the pad to expose that section of wire and from looking at could not see any burn marks. Now my eyes are not the best any more and this was a pretty tiny wire. I had these two ants who were just walking by go in and measure it. One of them reported that it was about half of his ass in width.

Anyway I cut the wire just to one side of the burn mark and checked it again with the meter. Nothing. Cut another half inch and retested. Nothing. Cut about an inch up and retested - bingo. So in total about 2" back to the connector. Fumbled around the shop until I found a small wire that I then soldered in place.

Put everything back together and viola - heat.

So from the seat out to back in was maybe 2 hours or so. Now it's a week later and no problem, working fine.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58