Hehehehehe--Windows Vista funny...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I tries Vista about a year and half ago and found it to be BLOT WARE MAX. I did switch to Apple and I love it. I wish Ford's Service DVD's were .dmg format but they are not.

Dave :(

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dave does vmware run on mac os 10 ?
you could run a windows os vmware session on the mac and
access the ford dvd then.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does Pepsi, Avis, Chevy trucks, and Apple have in common?

They are all number TWO...., or Three, or four......

Happiness is being number ONE...

Coke, Hertz, Ford Trucks, and PC's
Remember PC's run all the OS's

For those of you who play with Apple's; OS means Operating Systems.

Seriously,,, they are all good computers... I just felt a little feisty today...:stir

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bush, there is a way to run both OS's on a Mac, but my Mac Mini is too small to have both OS's on the disc. Maybe later I will get a bigger Mac.

Dave

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
What does Pepsi, Avis, Chevy trucks, and Apple have in common?

They are all number TWO...., or Three, or four......

Happiness is being number ONE...

Coke, Hertz, Ford Trucks, and PC's
Remember PC's run all the OS's

For those of you who play with Apple's; OS means Operating Systems.

Seriously,,, they are all good computers... I just felt a little feisty today...:stir

Feeling a little threatened there Max :roflmao

PC's (cheap) may outsell Mac's (mo money) but in my 20+ years of computing OS X is the best OS hands down.

Sure you could build up a PC to rival a Mac spec wise, but then you're only a hundred clams away from buying one.
:stir :stir

Oh and for graphics/photo people MAC RULES!! :D

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feeling a little threatened there Max :roflmao

PC's (cheap) may outsell Mac's (mo money) but in my 20+ years of computing OS X is the best OS hands down.

Sure you could build up a PC to rival a Mac spec wise, but then you're only a hundred clams away from buying one.
:stir :stir

Oh and for graphics/photo people MAC RULES!! :D

Hi John;
I have been computing for 28 years, since before PC's. In fact I received the very first pcat in Redding. It was a 6mhz cpu...I retired as the Computer Network Supervisor of a large company with 5000 work stations and 31 servers, so no, I am not threatened. Apple OS X is a very good and stable OS. PC's are cheaper, and Mac's do have better graphics on their high end machines. So on those points I agree with you. Now on what is the best operating system,( Best is a subjective word). Is OS X the best OS for a stand alone system, maybe, but other Os,s are as good or better. Vista is a clone of OS X. Is OS X better than XP for networking for large networks, "NO"
Is OS X more stable than anything that MS has put out... NO... Dos 3.3 is more stable, but less user friendly.
So they are all good in some ways and have their faults in others.
If I were in graphic arts, I would own a Mac, but since I am not, I see no reason to purchase a machine that costs more, and needs help to communicate with the rest of the world.
But to each his own,,,I am not knocking the Mac, it is a very good machine.
Novel, Unix, Lenix, are all good OS's and they run on a PC.
Microsoft has always had their problems, but they are the main horse in the race.
I just purchased a Dell, and chose to use XP and not Vista.
Jobs has always been one step ahead of Gates in some areas. Business and networking machines are Gates realm.
Bottom line, both machines are good. :thumbs

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Max, I agree with everything you said except this.....
Is OS X more stable than anything that MS has put out... NO...

I've only had 1 crash with either of my 2 macs and it was my fault, and I was forced to call AppleCare because I couldn't figure out how to undo what I had done...AppleCare said...no problem do this,this, and this and POOF, I was back in business. Never get that with MS.

Oh and I screwed up on my earlier post, I've been computing since the days of the TRS-80 Model 1 with Level II BASIC and my second machine was a home built Heathkit, that worked the second time I built it :dunno ...... I learned how to solder building that thing :roflmao

So how do we bring back Novell 3 and Win 3.1.1 for networks and I'd love to get my hands on an old PDP-11 :thumbs :roflmao :roflmao

Have a good one Max

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max, I agree with everything you said except this.....

I've only had 1 crash with either of my 2 macs and it was my fault, and I was forced to call AppleCare because I couldn't figure out how to undo what I had done...AppleCare said...no problem do this,this, and this and POOF, I was back in business. Never get that with MS.

Oh and I screwed up on my earlier post, I've been computing since the days of the TRS-80 Model 1 with Level II BASIC and my second machine was a home built Heathkit, that worked the second time I built it :dunno ...... I learned how to solder building that thing :roflmao

So how do we bring back Novell 3 and Win 3.1.1 for networks and I'd love to get my hands on an old PDP-11 :thumbs :roflmao :roflmao

Have a good one Max

Hi John;

Do you remember the old Commodore Pet, 64 and 128 machines?
We have come a long way since then. I retired in 2001, about the time OS X was coming out. Things change in the computer world so fast, I feel like a dinosaur. We had seven lans, all fed with T-1 and fiber backbone's, and I went to a friends IT department last week, and wow... things have changed. He had T-3 lines, with $135,000 Cisco routers. I think my main router cost our company $85,000 back in 1995.

Have a great day computing...

Maxtor

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Oh Max, I remember all of those plus the COCO 64 and Tandy 1000SX

man those were the days :roflmao :roflmao

See ya

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads