Hello everyone!

ernestbaca57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am new here and I am glad to be part of this online community. I have a problem with my powerstoke diesel. It was leaking some fluid under the truck and I could not determine if it was oil or fuel. It appeared to me to be fuel. I could also see that it looked like it was leaking out of the exhaust but I could not see it leaking. I decided to remove the turbo because I believe the leak could be coming from the fuel lines underneath the turbo. I feel once I remove the turbo I can see where the leak is coming from, hopefully. The rear bolts on the back of the pedestal are most definitely a challenge to say the least! I was wondering if anybody has found a way to get those back bolts off without losing your sanity? Those engineers are Ford should have some of this fun also, not just me! Am I going in the right direction with my diagnosis so far? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank you very much. If anybody out there needs any Farrier advise I can help you out there.:)http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...ydiesel.com/forums/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome4 ernestbaca57. I went to the U of A in the 1960's and 1970's. You need to tell us more about your truck, like what year and model and the engine, tranny, etc. Go to Quick Links in the BLUE LINE above and click on Edit Signature. Fill it out and this will help us help you better. :thumbs

Dave :)

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like bad o'rings. Leaking down the back side of the motor and just looks like its coming from the exhaust.

ernestbaca57

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just for information I have found out that you do not need to buy an expensive tool to remove the fuel injector cups. I bought a slide hammer from Harbor Freight about a year ago and it came with a few different tips. Cost about $35 or so, I can't remember. I was looking at it and decided to use it on my powerstroke diesel heads to remove the cups. I installed it in the bore and tightened it down as tight as I could and screwed the slide hammer onto it and it took only a few whacks and it popped right out. It took me about 15 minutes to remove all the cups with the heads off and did not have to use a specialized tool. You could also do this with the heads still on the truck if you had to. I changed the head gaskets also. So before you spend $388 for a fuel injector cup removal tool go to Harbor Freight and buy their slide hammer kit, it worked damn well and did not even think it would work but it did and I was tickled pink!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14