New Owner! Hello fellow Ford Diesel Owners

gktLongviewWA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first diesel. LOVE IT. Was a Ford man years ago but switched to Toyota after VERY bad experiences w/ local dealership. Which by the by hasn't changed, and I now find myself traveling 45 miles to Vancouver, WA for my truck maintenance and repairs.

The Toyota Tundra I had before turned out to be a gutless piece of ...., so when I towed my light weight trailer my fuel milage dropped to 7 mpg. Really it wasn't necessarily gutless, as it had plenty of power to pull but just got really lousy gas mileage. Switched to the F-350, with future plans to eventually own a larger/heavier trailer or 5th wheel. Now average abt 13 mpg w/ trailer and anywhere from 18 to 23 mpg without the trailer. Toyota without a load was generally 15 to 17 mpg.

Anyhow, Hello Everyone.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Welcome! You found the right place for yer truck. Sit back and enjoy all the reading material here!

youngr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2011 Diesel owners

Hi it's youngr with first visit and glad to be here.Has anyone had problems with the 6.7 heating up in cold weather?it takes about 25 min. to start blowing warm air.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome youngr. Not bad mpg's. There is a lot of metal to get warm so it will take a while. 25 minutes is a bit too long, but I have no ideas. Is your timing of 25 minutes correct??

Dave :)

youngr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am getting about 18mpg with my 2011 f250 deisel not bad considering my 08 got 8mpg

hey Dave thanks for the reply.I went to town the other day about 6miles and it was just starting to get warm.I am wondering if a different thermostat will help or winter bra for the front.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Leave the thermostat alone. The factory one is set at about 195 -200 degrees F. Blocking most of the radiator might help. Jamb a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator and see.

Dave

gktLongviewWA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck has a block heater. I have warm air immediately. But it also has some type of cab heater that even if the block heater is not used, the truck heater will put out warm air. My wife's BMW has a heated stearing wheel, which is nice as hell on cold days. And man oh man do her seats heat. When you put on the seat heater in her car you don't need the heat on at all. And when your back is aching, what a nice feeling.

Anyways, was asked what year F-350 I have. 2011. And like I said before, I LOVE IT. Best truck I've ever owned. ONly thing that sucks is the headlights. And I will post a topic on that to generate suggestions to resolve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58