Hello from Ohio

bump_r

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great site!

I recently jumped into the diesel area (well the Ford arena too, as I swore off the Blue Oval after a rather unpleasant tenure with a '77 Pinto back in the day, but that's another story...)

After months of weighing the pros and cons of gas/Diesel, I finally bit the bullet and settled on a Diesel. Looking at the offerings from the big 3, I (reluctantly) resigned myself to the fact that the Ford SD was the right truck for me. So I got one. New to me is a '99 F250 SD Supercab 4x4 long bed. Dang thing's huge. Most recent rides have been an Isuzu Stylus (there go some man-points, I know...) Dodge Dakota 2WD (the wifes, so I keep some points) and a Caddy SLS, so jumping up into this thing is a refreshing change into big-truckdom for me. Yeah, it's big, but I'm getting used to it pretty quickly.

So far, I've scored a OE trailer hitch w/ hardware at a swap meet for $40, OE bedliner w/ tailgate protector for, coincidentally, $40, and other little stuff. Plans are to have a adequate truck for firewood duty, towing my 24' camper (think I'll have enough truck? :sly), reliablity for winter driving as well as being my daily driver. So far I'm getting a tick over 15 mpg with a combination of highway, rural, and town driving, as well as digging the turbo whine...

I've got no aspirations of hot-rodding the thing, me being of the "reliability above all else" mindset. Yeah, I understand that some performance mods actually enhance engine reliablilty, but I'm not so convinced the slushbox would appreciate much more power going to it. So for now, I plan to keep the powertrain stock, but keep my options open. I hope to learn about what can be done and later on be ready to move ahead with mods when and if the timing's right...

Sorry for the long post, I guess I'm caught up until, what March? :D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome bump_r. and welcome to SSD.com. Tell us where you are from and post some pictures of your truck when you get the time. We always keep an eye on you guys from Ohio. LOL:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome... SDD is a super place to git smart about yer "New to You" Super Duty.:thumbs :thumbs

Joe

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Most recent rides have been an Isuzu Stylus (there go some man-points, I know...
Don't worry 'bout the man points, look at my other ride :D

I've got no aspirations of hot-rodding the thing

Better be careful of our advice around here, some of up got into hot- rodding by accident :eek:
Sorry for the long post, I guess I'm caught up until, what March? :D
Naw, as long as you stay below a few thousand posts a year, you'll be OK. Post away! :sweet

Welcome to SDD! :welcome

bump_r

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll work on some pics and keep browsing around to get my feet wet.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome bump_r. and welcome to SSD.com. Tell us where you are from and post some pictures of your truck when you get the time. We always keep an eye on you guys from Ohio. LOL:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

whats that supposed to mean:nudge ahia here too:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58