Hello

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You've come to the right place, shhorn68. I have an 04 and would be happy to answer any performance questions you may have, if I'm able. Welcome aboard!

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beginner Help!?

Okay...here goes. I use my truck for work and family. We live on 600 acres and it has to available for hard work. I am unfamiliar with any of the chips and engine modifications. Also do not have access to many good diesel mechanics. So before I step out there I was wondering about different options that improve perfromance and mileage. I have considered modifying the exhaust system but have yet to do anything. I have had good experiences with K&N air filters in gas engines. Do they add anything to the diesels. I bought the truck used with 91K miles and so far it has been a champ!

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
:w4

I would stay away from K&N on your diesel. The factory filter flows plenty of air for up to 500 hp, if you do change it, look at an AFE stage 2 PG7

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Okay...here goes. I use my truck for work and family. We live on 600 acres and it has to available for hard work. I am unfamiliar with any of the chips and engine modifications. Also do not have access to many good diesel mechanics. So before I step out there I was wondering about different options that improve perfromance and mileage. I have considered modifying the exhaust system but have yet to do anything. I have had good experiences with K&N air filters in gas engines. Do they add anything to the diesels. I bought the truck used with 91K miles and so far it has been a champ!
K+N doesn't have a good track record for the diesel side of life. I would go with an AFE or AIR RAID before K+N. Green also makes a nice replacement element for the stock housing. MBRP makes a nice "test pipe" if you want to eliminate the cat and not dump the coin on a full system.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome to the site horn, as mentioned MBRP is a good choice for an exhaust and on the tuning end of it you cant go wrong with an SCT with some custom tunes burned into it. You'll see an improvement in mileage and performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14