Hello,

PSD PAC

semi handy guy
Reaction score
wow

DUDE - Hutch, when I saw the thread on TDS that you were over here, I came right over and signed up.

Been a long time since I'd seen you around, and I'll add on my thanks for all your help and hard work. Many thanks!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rex-a-FORD said:
Hi Guys:

Heard of few of the old TDS.Com guys were posting over here, so came over to check it out.

Glad to see and hear from ya' y'all. :thumbs

Glad to see ya here TOO, Rex. Good place to be. Good folks, friendly atmosphere.

JOE

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Tbar said:

Yes, that was me on the quote in Big Joe's post. Do you think I was a little hard on them, over there? :roflmao

Yeah, Fordmechanic is picking at Hutch, yet again. I am starting to get weary of that site. There is always some magpie sitting on a fencepost just out of rifle range nattering away at you over some stupid little piece of sematics. I, for one, have spent a lot of time over there trying to help people, and usually just get grief for thanks.

Have I mentioned that I love you guys recently... Oh, yeah, I have, and that didn't turn out too well... Hmmm... :roflmao

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The Hutchmeister still lives!!!!

Well, this clinches it, I gotta spend more time over here vs. the "other place". I've "dabbled" over here before, but it's evident that the folks that make the more meaningful, sensible contributions are migrating to here in increasing numbers.

With things like too many threads getting vaporized, good folks who sponsor getting exiled for mistakes concerning "rules" at TDS, its all getting somewhat tiresome. But now the man who many consider the guru of 7.3 grunt has shown over here that he didn't sail over the edge of the world after all!! :sweet :sweet

BTW: Hutch- let me say thank you for your work in identifiing the air-in-fuel problem. My truck has run so much better because of the knowledge you passed on to us all.

:thumbs to you!!!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
Yes, that was me on the quote in Big Joe's post. Do you think I was a little hard on them, over there? :roflmao

Yeah, Fordmechanic is picking at Hutch, yet again. I am starting to get weary of that site. There is always some magpie sitting on a fencepost just out of rifle range nattering away at you over some stupid little piece of sematics. I, for one, have spent a lot of time over there trying to help people, and usually just get grief for thanks.

Have I mentioned that I love you guys recently... Oh, yeah, I have, and that didn't turn out too well... Hmmm... :roflmao

Again Hoss... Well Said. (sep the "I Love You Guys part):D

I'ts gitn Entertaining, over there. But I realized something this morning.... I'm gitn sucked in to the "Dark Side"....:eek: Gota git my Force Shield up!! Er I'll hafta go see the Yoda.

:roflmao

JOE

They just Locked the thread for what the "Detractors" were doing. On the positive side for Hutch tho.

Last edited:

springerpop

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Internet forums seem to eventually take on a life of their own, and like all living things they get old and die. TDS is getting real elderly in it's life-cycle.

Buh-Bye TDS.

Never DID post much there (and look at my join date HERE, this is post #2 for me), spent my time over in the "other" direction. I've always considered this place sort of "in the middle", and just read stuff, not posting. I just couldn't resist letting the cat out of the bag over at TDS that one of the folks that made them the initial powerhouse in diesel forums had "left the building".

The secret, I think, to a successful forum, are the moderators' egos, and how willing they are to let things get out of hand. They make it or break it. I can tell you that troublemakers get warned only once over where I usually hang my hat, and then they're toast. Guess they then go make trouble at TDS.

I'm going to wish Hutch "Welcome Aboard", and acknowledge that I've been referencing his photos for a couple of years now. It was pioneering good work from someone that really cared, unselfishly, about the rest of us when Ford didn't give a hoot!

I'm going back to "lurk mode" for a while.....

Pop

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I was truly amazed at the slack jawed crap that people posted over there about hutch.
I for one listed and learned from his advice and my 2002 7.3 ran so smooth, from all the "hutch" mods that went in to it.
ran em for over 60k miles with zero issues.
I am thrilled he has chosen to venture over here and say HEY.
Heres a brewski to you hutch :thumbs
Robert

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Tbar said:

klhansen said:
Now that Hutch has reported in, and unfortunately exposed himself to those that want to take potshots at him , I'm going to lock this thread.
I guess that is one lock that I can't really complain about. Who in the heck did that guy by the name of Fordmechanic use to be? Talk about a guy that needs taken out behind the barn and taught some manners. I hope no one invites him over here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58