Hello,

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tbar said:
So I am not the only one that has had a run in with this guy...... :confused:

Tbar

Nope, one of many. When I first signed on at TDS, be'n a New Guy (I think he knew it) I got sucked into one of his BS deals.... Did'nt take me long to get his #..... Never posted with him again. I PM others when he enters a thread.

He is just a JERK. Stays on till his credibility fades (aint to long), re-registers, and starts over. I can tell by the "Style"... when its him (it, her, whatever)

JOE

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Tbar said:

Tbar
I have butted heads with him when he was Somedude, Justsomedude, and 200460PSD. He sure has a lot of preconceptions about stuff, and you can never prove to him he is wrong, even with proof... :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
I have butted heads with him when he was Somedude, Justsomedude, and 200460PSD. He sure has a lot of preconceptions about stuff, and you can never prove to him he is wrong, even with proof... :D

What I'v done a couple times is: Reply to whoever he's posting with.. A...:

BE CAREFULL WHO YER DEALING WITH !! (;) :D )

Usually kills the thread but :dunno

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Tbar said:

Tbar

I had a couple "friendly" discussions with him.:rolleyes: I'm sure there will be many more people that do too. After all this is the internet, he's entitled to his opinion. To me he's still "someone trying to win the special olympics" if you know what I mean. I think he'd argue about anything to anyone that will give him the time of day, prolly tell them that the time they gave him was not right either.:rolleyes:

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
The thing that makes me the maddest about him is whenever you start proving him wrong, he accuses you of being a money hungry, right wing capitalist and the spawn of all evil in the world. Real constructive. We were having a debate about emissions, and he could not comprehend my trying to put a cost/benefit analysis on reducing air pollution. He consistently argued that there should not be a price limit for reducing pollution. I kept saying that isn't my point.

The point was, if you can spend 25 million here and get a 5% decrease in pollution, or you can take the 25 million and spend it on another pollution source and get a 30% decrease in pollution, you should go fix the one where your benefit is greater.

He kept accusing me of being pro-pollution, which is not what I was saying. In fact, I was saying just the opposite, and that if anything, HE was the one who was pro-pollution because he would waste air quality money on something with less return.

Just so you know, we were debating the 2007 emissions regs, which will cost a lot of money and accomplish very little proven benefit. The same amount of money could be spent on clean coal technology and see huge potential benefit. He told me that because I was against the 2007 regs, i was pro pollution. I kept saying that I wasn't against pollution control if it made sense, and we actually got something tangible for the money spent, but he just couldn't understand. He even went so far as to accuse me of being part of a biodiesel co-op, since I was so concerned with the loss of diesel availability due to the 2007 regs. The guy is really out on planet X somewhere. i hope to heck he stays the heck away from here.

He even came up with some goofy data that said that the 2007 regs would save 25,000 lives per year. Give me a friggin break.... Talk about out in left field....:rolleyes:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
I have butted heads with him when he was Somedude, Justsomedude, and 200460PSD.

Did he go by NEWTOODIESELS for a while also?
I was glad when he got exiled to the twilight zone.

PSD PAC

semi handy guy
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I guess that is one lock that I can't really complain about. Who in the heck did that guy by the name of Fordmechanic use to be? Talk about a guy that needs taken out behind the barn and taught some manners. I hope no one invites him over here.

I'm almost wondering if it's Lux.

No real evidence pointing to that....just a hunch.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I just hope he has gone through as many trucks and motors as user names with all his expertise. :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tbar said:

Tbar
Me too, not in the tech forums but down in the old "other forums". The guy was a real piece of work.

PSD PAC

semi handy guy
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
He even came up with some goofy data that said that the 2007 regs would save 25,000 lives per year. Give me a friggin break.... Talk about out in left field....:rolleyes:

This actually isn't as out-there as you might think - there have been repeated studies in Seoul, Mexico City, etc., that directly correlate pollution and death rates due to respiratory and cardiac disease. The higher the particle counts, the more people die, and it can be shown on a day by day basis.

Now this has to also be taken into context - Seoul and Mexico City are a couple of the most polluted cities on the planet. I think it's more accurate as a warning for other places.

That being said, I totally agree with you Hoss - let's put the money where it'll do us the most good. CTL and GTL technolgies show a lot of promise, and why aren't we pursuing ppm/mile standards with gas vehicles the way it's being inflicted on diesels? If the money's to be spent, let's get the best results, not the politically expeditious ones.

But that's another subject now, isn't it? :cussing:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58