Help! 6.0 L down

FatboyC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I found this (DTC U1220 Loss of serial communications for class 2 devices) Anyone know what this is????:confused:

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cam sensor will make the truck not run. we had a 97 F350 powerstroke that a cam sensor went out. at first it would die very rarely when we'd pull up to a stop, but over time it got more and more frequent, until 1 day, the truck wouldn't start at all. new cam sensor installed and she ran like new. hope this helps.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my autoenginuity says u1220: Invalid or Missing Data for Interior Lamp Outage

FatboyC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fresh update, my truck is still not running! I have been talking with Justin at Bully Dog and he will not return my phone calls(to busy I guess), so I called Bully Dog tech in Texas and they told me to load the newest program and then load the recovery program and then load it. I did this and still no start. Justin is only 5 miles from my house (at Mopar at the Strip event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway) and gave me his cell number to call and won't answer or return my messges. Great Customer Service!!!! I guess it will be going to the dealer on Monday for diagnosis.-mad

Reaction score
FatboyC said:
Fresh update, my truck is still not running! I have been talking with Justin at Bully Dog and he will not return my phone calls. . . . I guess it will be going to the dealer on Monday for diagnosis.-mad

Man Oh man - if you had any warranty left - this could be the death blow to it taking it to the dealer with a messed up computer. Personally I would be on the phone all day, every minute of it to Bully Dog. And I mean calling every five minutes.

I am not up to date on the programmers - but you mentioned you had the Predator - still have it? Any chance of it uploading/over writing a previous or stock program back to the PCM?

Grabbing at straws here for you dude.

Ron

FatboyC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It runs!!!!The Beast Runs!!!!

I got the Ex back from the shop and they said that somewhere the factory security system would not read my key??? Not sure how that happened, but anyway, reset the truck to accept my key and did oil change, fuel filters and all for $200.00. Not a bad deal. Glad my dealer likes me.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FatboyC said:
I got the Ex back from the shop and they said that somewhere the factory security system would not read my key??? Not sure how that happened, but anyway, reset the truck to accept my key and did oil change, fuel filters and all for $200.00. Not a bad deal. Glad my dealer likes me.

Iffn' I were you, since the dealer you go to will apparently turn a blind eye to mods, I'd find out what their favorite adult beverages are and send a couple cases to 'em. Sometimes doing stuff like that wil pay off down the road when they choose not to mention mods on OASIS...

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Just incase anyones reading this, the 6.0's do suffer the odd p2614 CPS error and mine was replaced today, after it would not start. If you get this error chipped or not, check the CPS!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14