Help Any ideas

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was driving home from work this morning and the truck started to slow down wouldnt take fuel, Like it was running out, It was cold about 9 deg.
I have 3/4 tank of fuel with a half bottle of PS antigel.
A coworker towed me home:rant with a chevy and is really liking this.
But anyway I put the other half bottle in then went to bed for awhile, got up changed the fuel filters its now 37 deg, the fuel and filters looked fine only 4500 miles on filters, I borrowed my friends snapon scanner and got a code P0232.
The truck did start one more time and run real rough for about 4 min then slowly died and wont restart, any ideas before I take it to the dealer, Maby a loose connection somewhere I havent checked yet.:dunno

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its gonna be towed to the dealer monday, Mechanic said sounded like the HPOP? or maby something else.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am supposed to get my truck back today, mechanic said it was the frame mounted fuel pump, will be here at 1:30pm:sweet.
I do have a spare one of these a friend gave me when his truck was stolen, warranty will cover this one, Ford dealer here paid the tow bill, so all I have to pay is the deductible.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my truck back Friday told them to keep it wensday and do a tranny service, drove the truck about 100 miles its back to normal, then I was crusing up a hill with very little throttle and it started bucking a little.
Sounded like it was missing, hasnt done it anymore, hope it wasnt the injectors starting to go bad because of the fuel pump and the low fuel pressure that was just repaired.:dunno

Last edited:

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
When my truck was "bucking" like that, it was the EGR. It was really dirty. Replaced/cleaned that up and it was good to go.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The egr was cleaned just a few thousand miles ago, it didnt start doing this until after I got the truck back from the dealer, had a new fuel pump installed.
The service manager said the pump on my truck was an old style that had been updated.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well dont know if this is what I was hearing before, but the turbo is sticking again, #2 60,000, I have been running the dog S*&# out of the truck lately and it still farting, only now it will do it sitting in the driveway just giving it fuel then letting off.:rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58