help dead 6.0

r1123

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok had a nightmare weekend just was towing my boat back from dallas and truck died about 200 miles from home its an 05 6.0 70k mi basically stock besides 4'' lift, anyways truck seemed to be ok , it was 100 degrees out , but everything was fine until we stopped for about 15 minutes got back in and noticed white smoke coming from my exhaust, moved about 1 block then the truck started to overheat , i pulled over right away. got out and noticed a pretty good size puddle of oil had dripped from my exhaust? called the dealer and had it towed to dealership, now it should be covered under the 100k mi powertrain warranty but any ideas on what happened? the boat wasnt exactly a heavy load 3000lb :dunno

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
definitely the heads... should be covered for sure... if you have the money i would see if ford will install some ARP head studs while they are under the hood.... it'll cost you around 500 bucks but it'll prevent future failure if you tow much... just a thought...

r1123

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok thanks guys my only worry is my exhaust i did remove the cat and muffler , i just hope they dont say anything about it, although i did have a ficm module replaced a couple months ago and it wasnt a problem. although it was a different dealership. Do you think it will be a problem?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Ford will not like the Cat being removed. It is a Federal Emissions thing. The muffler will be OK. I have been saying that if you take off your Cat, keep it in a safe place...

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Ford will not like the Cat being removed. It is a Federal Emissions thing. The muffler will be OK. I have been saying that if you take off your Cat, keep it in a safe place...

Dave

x2.... so you could slap that kitty back on for these situations...

r1123

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just heard back from the dealer they say its a busted oil cooler, and my warranty will cover it so it looks like im in good shape, thanks guys! ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58