HELP I have to work tomorrow!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Im going to get a buddy of mine with a superchips programer and run some codes tomorrow. Im going to also change the orings and see if that helps. Thanks again!;tu

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
How did the engine sound when it died? Did it sound pretty normal, or was it knocking injectors?

How much fuel is in the tank? 1/4 or less??

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
the truck just kind of sputtered out like it was losing fuel even when I floored it. I dont remember to much knocking, not to say that it wasnt. I filled the truck up this morning. After it died 3 times i got it my house about 400- 500 yards from where it died the first time. It ran but not like normal.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
OK I went out this morning and cranked the truck up after turning key on and off 3 times to turn off engine light. It cranked up seemed to run fine, pressed the gas and it seemed ok. After about 45 seconds to a minute it started to Idle rough and the rmps dropped. I went to give it gas and no matter how much gas I gave it the rpms did not respond at all. It still would r;tuun at rough idle up down up down every half second or so but no response to gas pedal. Im going to try to get a super chip programmer to run codes in about 30 mins. Ill let you guys know what I find. Any suggestions on all things to check would be great. Thanks guys.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The key to readers that will read our trucks is that they must read CAN Communications code. This is why almost all Auto Store readers won't read these trucks. I bought an Autoenginuity reader that works with my Windows Laptop. It is some $$$ and not cheap.

Dave

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Hey guys I got her running again! Ran the codes and it was the ICP sensor and P0605 code. I replaced the ICP sensor and no mo engine light or stalling!
I need to check what to do about p0605. I think that means I need to get the cpu flashed at the Stealership. Anybody know if that is correct and how much will I get ripped off for? Thanks to all for all the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58