Help me find the GHOST in my F350

BigredF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went to get in the truck and when I started the truck I noticed I didn't have any instruments. No tach, speedometer, oil and temp, or warning lights. The radio did not work, power mirrors didn't work nor did the dome lights. The fuses had a blown 10 amp in position 35. Everything worked when I parked the truck 3 days earlier. Replaced the fuse and it blew again. Took the truck in to be serviced and they said the fuse panel was bad and replaced the complete panel at the cost of $429 plus $300 labor. They said they traced wiring and determined the panel was bad. Took truck home and parked it in the drive way. All was fine when I parked it. Got in truck 4 days later and the same thing! Went back to service shop and they replaced the fuse again and all was fine. Drove 1500 miles and returned home. No problems. Parked it again in driveway. Got in truck 3 days later and same thing!!!! No dash cluster etc. Now this seems to be only happening when the truck is parked. Took it back to the service center again and they said they found a chafed wire in the dome light and repaired it. Another $184!!!! Well I just got home and all is working so it is parked again. I will check again in a couple of days.

Anyone had a similar situation??

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
That's not a ghost, that's a DEMON! Only thing i can think of is you're chasing the RESULTS of the problem, not the CAUSE. The fuse panel thing has been going on for a while, and it sounds like a educated guess to start with. They rust from leaks around the windshield, and then they short out. Probably was A problem, just not THE problem, if you know what i mean. I would get my hands on a wiring diagram and figure out what is common between all the symptoms. Maybe bad ground somehwere? Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58