Help me pick a tire....BFG MT KM2, ATKOE, TOYO AT, MICH LTX M/S....others?

Pick new shoes for the fat girl:

• BFGoodrich MT KM2

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • BFGoodrich AT KO

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Toyo AT

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Michelin LTX

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

newt92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have BFG A/T on both of my trucks and love them!!! EXCEPT for the rock throwing they do.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Price on the Toyo MT is outrageous, otherwise I'd be considering it too.
You have to pay for quality. I about choked when I saw the price but I went ahead and purchased a set back in the spring of 07' and have really liked them. I don't really need the mud type terrain but they have the highest load capacity of any tire in the size I run. Turns out after running them last winter they are the best snow tires I have ever ran on this truck. They will be replaced with another set just like them if they ever wear out.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Love our LTX's

I had a set of BFG TKO 285's on our Excursion for about 20k miles,great looking mainstream tire,good traction in the snow,little slippery on wet paved surface,bit noisier than I'm accustomed to,requires more balancing and rotation,had one tire go out of round(replacement issued on warranty).

July 2006 we had a second TKO go bad(out of round) on our trip to Arizona so we replaced the TKO's with Michelin LTX M/S 285's while visiting in Glibert.

The Michelin's are much much quieter,way better grip on wet roads,very good traction on loose/pack snow,good grip on ice(Excursion's weight),Minor if no weight adjustment needed during every 4k miles balance and rotation visits.

We have about 30k miles on this set of LTX's and expect to see over 50k miles on these before requiring replacement.

If you spend most of your time on the paved surface I highly recommend the LTX's,I see many large SUV's with the LTX M/S tires around our area so they must be making other owners happy as well.:sweet

I know tires can be tough to shop for,it's like shopping for that new big screen HDTV monitor,you want a great picture at a low price like a Vizio or you want a great picture but willing to pay for more for it like a Panasonic Plasma:D

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for the Michelin LTX m/s in load range "E" they are costly as well but you get what you pay for. I am replacing my stock BFG's in a month or two so the michelins it is. I did get over 50,000 out of my BFG's though. the Michelins are probably the best bet for mostly on road mud, snow and wet.

TNRZ4BRKFST

2003 6.0 lariat
Reaction score
i work in a garage that sells all those tires, except the toyo, and although the ta ko looks the best on a superduty, the ltx is the most efficient all season, regular duty (on road), best wearing, and all the michelins we balance hardly take any weight at all, and when they come back, very rarely change weight...when i sell the tires, i tell the customer if they got the money, go with the michelins, cuz i hate when cheap ass people come back with other tires and complain, not saying that the ta ko is cheap, actually the ta ko is the closest u can get to a real michelin since michelin basically owns bfg...;tu

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To tell you the truth it depends on what you use the vehicle primarly for then worry about secondary. Then pick a tire that fits both those needs. I have Bridestone Dueler AT Revos. A bit expensive but I love them! The look nice and run nice on my X. I plan on upgrading in the next few months anyways to new rims because the ones that I have now are all pitted and the tires have about 35000 miles on them and are really starting to show their wear. Plus the rims are a ***** to get off, the lugs are inside the rim and I had to use a standard socket ground thinner to get them off as apposed to an impact socket that just wont fit. But before I get into rims, tires, towing... etc. I have to go post a thread on ball joints replacement on a 2WD PSD Excursion. It's that time for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14