help me!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
that would be fuel abuse...:eek:

i put 30.000 gallons in last nite and drove home from the station. as you can see, the drive is sloped and back up pointed down. i came home from my parents house to find said leak.

here is the million dollar question - is it a leak at the top of the tank or is it due to 30 gallons sitting in 93 degree weather and it is bleeding out the top of the seal (which i guess is still considered a leak)? :doh:

i have put in over 30 gallons before but drove aways before being parked and i don't think it was as hot then either..

it is going BACK in in the morning for the rear pinion leaking AGAIN. is this an item for them to look at as well or should i go rotate the wheels for a few miles???:thumbs

any input would be greatly apprciated.-popcorn :thanks

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Welcome back red :tounge

No, that leaking is not normal, it's probably the fuel sender flange seal or the filler tube clamps. Have your dealer buddies check it out for you...

Hey and tell em to get that pinion seal done RIGHT this time :rolleyes:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not normal and not heat related...its been high 90s (116+ heat index)
and i always fill mine to the brim...its gotta be a loose line/fitting or
clamp....

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not normal, even if you put 30 gallons in, it should still have expansion room in the tank or up the filler neck. You should get the leak addressed when its in the shop for the pinion seal.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the mean time, I'd be putting a catch pan under that thing!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
wweeelllllll-
fuel line decomposed on top of tank. told the part was $93 but the ser. mgr. told tech to go get $15 worth of new fuel line and replace that instead. oh yeah, + 2 hours labor at $90/hr. ugg

as for the pinion - not fixed as of 2:30.

this one is for roy: the 'binding' WOULD be the 4x is ON. switch is in 2x but transfer case is locked in 4hi. no clue as to how, why, when. they did say u-joints seem fine. but it has me kind of pissed off. they were to investigate today but of course i did not get a call back.

and thank you to the quick yes/no responses guys. i appreciate it.

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
this one is for roy:
OK
the 'binding' WOULD be the 4x is ON. switch is in 2x but transfer case is locked in 4hi. no clue as to how, why, when. they did say u-joints seem fine. but it has me kind of pissed off. they were to investigate today but of course i did not get a call back.

Well, if it's binding, that would mean the hubs are locked in too, maybe they are stuck in the engaged position. As far as the transfer case, maybe a bad shifting motor, stuck shifter, or wiring/ fuse / switch/ relay/ etc. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl