Help!!!! Need New TV

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 1994 TV blew today & we are looking for a new TV to hook the Xbox360 into :biggrin: :biggrin:

What brands of TV's should we look at & what ones should we stay away from??

Oh and we can't get a HUGE screen as it's going into a entertainment center & I think a 32 inch screen is as big as we can go.

After doing some research & on the advice from a rather knowledgeable guy it's sort of come down to these 2 tv's with the Sharp in the lead:

SHARP AQUOS Black / Silver 32" 16:9 LCD HDTV Model LC32D43U
Sharp - AQUOS 32" 720p Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HDTV - LC-32D43U
Newegg has the best price, but I've never ordered anything from em and don't know how good they are:
Newegg.com - SHARP AQUOS Black / Silver 32" 16:9 LCD HDTV Model LC32D43U

And the
VIZIO VW32L HDTV10A - 32" LCD HDTV
Vizio Inc. - Products - VW32L - 32" LCD HDTV

Anybody have a Sharp or Vizio LCD TV????

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I had a Sharp and loved it! I have also ordered a lot of stuff through new egg and wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.

just my 2 cents worth :)

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Not to make you Texans upset or anything, but you might as well not buy any fancy tv's for the superbowl because the cowboys will not make it there. :tongue2

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a Thread I started in similarity as our current 32" is also 13 years old and showing it's age which is due for replacement.

We're leaning to the Samsung LCD & Plasmas but will pull the trigger in January after the holiday sales calm down but in time for SuperBowl:D :sweet

Mike sent me to AVS Forums for all the latest owner reviews of all models on the market including Sharp & Vizio.

WOZA, so much different information my brain is bleeding :doh: :doh:

Don't understand a 3rd of it, but it sure sounds like they know hwat they are talking about :roflmao :roflmao

Measured the opening in the entertainment system & the biggest we can go is 24 H and 33W so it's got to be a 32 inch TV.

From what I've been told here plasma's have issues at high altitude & besides we can't afford one anywhoooo & it's going to be a real strain to purchase a $900 TV as our actual budget is around $600, but here again I believe in ya get what ya pay for & we should get the best bang for our buck.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
WOZA, so much different information my brain is bleeding :doh: :doh:

Don't understand a 3rd of it, but it sure sounds like they know hwat they are talking about :roflmao :roflmao

Measured the opening in the entertainment system & the biggest we can go is 24 H and 33W so it's got to be a 32 inch TV.

From what I've been told here plasma's have issues at high altitude & besides we can't afford one anywhoooo & it's going to be a real strain to purchase a $900 TV as our actual budget is around $600, but here again I believe in ya get what ya pay for & we should get the best bang for our buck.
Check out Amazon for some deals too.

ramprat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummmm, learned lots of interesting stuff about HDTV the difference about 720p and 1080i along with why ya have to use specific HDMI cables. Circuit city tried convincing me we needed to use monster cables at $99.99 each and a monster filter instead of just a surge protector at almost $300 [tard] We will also need to upgrade our cable box to a HDTV box as the one we have now is not configured to run HDTV. Figure CC was full of **** about the cables & that ya can run something besides the gold coated Monster cables & still get the same level of quality.

The only one Circuit City had was Newegg.com - SHARP AQUOS Black 32" 16:9 6ms 1080p LCD HDTV Model LC32D62U and they wanted $1,299.99 for it compared to the one above.

I can't really tell if there is much of a difference or not other than price. Circuit City will also price match any place on the web from a "serious" seller and not a "fly by night" internet ebay style place. Need to ask if this goes for internet sales as well & see if they will match Amazon's price for the LC32D43U

Also found out about the Xbox 360 and HDTV & how ya can get some kind of add on player for the 360 to turn it into a HD player.

I could tell a difference between the Sharp Aquos & the Vizo, they are close in the 720p mode, but the Sharp in 1080i was astounding. I'm a betting the 360 will be worlds of different from our old 94 Hitachi TV [bd] [bd]

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Best Buy. The people that work do NOT work for commision, so you can get real answers to your questions. Plus I have had terrible experience with NO customer service at Circuit City, just about got the cops called on me for arguing with the manager about my XM radio:rant . So anyway, I would try somewhere other than Circuit City...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg