Help needed!!!

Firedude

Fire junkie
Reaction score
Ok need some help on this one, been trying to figure out why my truck is not running right, here are the codes that were pulled up

PO113-Intake air temp sensor ckt high input
PO236-Turbo boost sensor A ckt performance (no CEL light on?)
PO470-Exhst press sensor ckt malfnct
PO478-Exhst press control valve high input

Truck is the one in my sig. note I have a open air intake and have D.C.ed the EBPV, so I'm sure that is were the 470/478 is comeing from right? These codes were pulled by the trannie shop that rebuilt my trannie back in Feb. of this yr (yes I have been dealing with this issue all this time), from that time I have had issues with it "holding gears" 2-3 & 3-4 and is even worse when I pulling something, there has also been some "shift flares" At the present time I do not have my chip in it (TS with 7.3 tunes from BDP) he has pulled the trannie out and gone back thru it and cannot find anything!! that mite cause these issue's, he is starting to think that there is something else causeing it (i.e. poss. ele. related) I trust the guy and dont think he would try to pull one over on me, as he is a friend of the family's and has rebuilt trannies for me and my dad in the past, what do you guys think? Thanks

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are correct that the 470 & 478 codes are because of your disconnected EBPV Though there is not a history of having this problem.

the intake temp sensor high input likely means that the sensor is damaged or the wires are depending on how you handled it when you did your air intake.

and the 236 error is a possible map error you can disconnect the electrical connector from the map, the engine will run on a default map profile and throw a CEL but is often the easiest way of testing for a bad map sensor if the problem disappears when you take it offline. if nothing changes then you've been running on the default map profile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14