Help. No throttle response, 4wd indicator or gauges

2ridgebacks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
'01 diesel, 4wd, auto. Truck will start, run, but will not respond to throttle. 4wd indicator lights aren't working, gauges are dead. Looks like one fuse controls PCM, gauges, and something else. The truck was in low gear, unbeknownst to me and under hard acceleration. I was trying to slide snow off of the trailer. Anyway, it touched the rev limiter and then I shifted. Gauges went to zero and the truck went to idle. Didn't check the Edge for DTC. Restarted the truck several times to no change. HELP PLEASE!

2ridgebacks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Codes:
P0000

P0381 unknown

P1139 Unknown

P0221 TPS B circuit Range/Performance.

I picked up a pedal assembly just in case I needed it tonight. I found no blown fuses.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have a major power problem. Check your fused links from the + side of the battery. I am not sure how many fuse links you have, but if all of your fuses are good, something is wrong.

P0000 is not a code. P0381 Glow Plug Malfunction, P0221 is Throttle position sensor malfunction, P1139 is Water in fuel light malfunction. You have a power problem as indicated by these codes. These codes are found here; TikiWiki : Ford Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Dave

2ridgebacks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DaveBen,
Thanks for the reply. You may in fact be correct. The truck is running now. I replaced the pedal assembly, cleared the codes and then retrieved the codes. There were 5 codes that were new and different from the previous codes. The previous codes did not occur again. Encouraged, I rechecked all fuses one at a time. #19, a 10 amp was blown. I replaced the fuse and the dash powered up and the throttle was working again. I may have other problems. If you believe that I do, please respond. I want to dig further if needed so that I am not left out in the cold with a dead truck again.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think I would stick with the PCM error codes (DTC's) and see what the new ones are. What are these new codes? Good Luck.

Dave

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14