Help removing painted cover over bumper

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Heya all. I been browsing here for a few weeks and must say its a great place. Just about everyone seems eager to jump in and help. I dont have a serious issue, but i have a 2005 F-250 XLT SC SB 6.0L PS that i love to death. Its not show car material, but its in great shape. I recently noticed a spot on the painted cover over top my chrome 'Bumper' where the paint is flaking. It looks like something was spilled on it but nothing was. It must have been the salt slurry we use around here, or perhaps bird poo >.< Anyway i have someone to paint it for me, but it will be easier to remove it for him so i can still run her around. Especially my long 3 mi roundtrip to work on weekdays xD. anyway i got some pics to post to try and help in case my rambling threw you off. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
if I remember right, they snap in position... double tabs locking tabs.. you may be able to get them with longnose pliers from underneath, you may end up taking the bumper off to release them.

Last edited:

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Success!!

Wanted to say many thanks for your help. ^^ I was lazy today but managed to get 'er off. One or 2 of the soft black clips broke, but i'm not the least bit concerned. xD Now to get it to my dad's work so it can get painted. In case anyone else needs to do it, there are 4 screws that come out, and i think 4 black plug-like clips. On the clips, the center pulls out, then the washer its in squeezes the anchor tip closed to let it through. Then if you have fog lights, the top 2 bolts have to be removed due to a black pin on the bracket that juts into the cover, so they have to be pulled back an inch. I know i should've gotten more specific pictures, but its not too late yet ^^. Just send a PM if ya need em. Forgot to mention the many squeeze clips that run the length of the cover >.< but they aren't any trouble

picture.php

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have got to convert my '04 to the '05 front end. It would so make my truck 25% complete.

'04 truck with the '05 front end and an '08 tailgate..
averages out to be an '06 1/2... not a bad ROI...

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
'04 truck with the '05 front end and an '08 tailgate..
averages out to be an '06 1/2... not a bad ROI...

:lmao He really has a sweet truck though ^^ everyone here does. Wish the line-x/procomp dealer down here would've dealt with me instead of blowing me off :/ said i couldnt get pxa 6089's 17x9 to fit my truck.... I already have the same thing on mine but pxa 1079 xD. they have the same backspacing and all >.< oh well. Lookin into Bad Dog Polish and a TS Perf Instigator chip ^^ Anyone know where i can find a deep-toned air horn? or at least one that doesnt squeek? would be interested ^^ and Thanks again for oyur help ya'll ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58