Help Needed Help, runs real bad....then good....then bad

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting air in the system. Have you done the hutch mod? http://www.superdutydiesel.com/wiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=18

I have also seen those air dog systems to eliminate air from the fuel.

Anyway I don't think that is my issue as mine does not get better when I fill it. I finnaly got mine home and I think I will order injectors today.

wrap the connectors with dum-dum tape (like the stuff they use to seal old GM car a/c housings) and see if it improves...

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
I have an update to this sad saga. I got all my injectors in but # 8 was giving me fits. Would go in for anything! When I finnaly compared the inejector to the old one I discovered it was longer! I ordered it from DCP. I used an old injector to put it back together and not I have real problems! I still have the low power but not as bad as the truck is running smoother and hits on all 8. I ran a few test drives and pulled codes for low or high fuel pressure and low turbo boost. On a whim I decided to switch the MAP sensor from my other powerstroke and as I went out for my next test drive coolant exploded from the over flow. It was being pushed out with a lot of pressure...the truck was not over heating! My first thought was head gasket but my local diesel shop says the sleeve for the injector has moved down and is letting combustion gas into the cooling sytem. He has not seen it yet but this is his initial thought. This sucks as I called the DCP and told them about the injector being longer and they all but don't beleive me saying that never has happened. I can measure it and I have pictures. Has anyone ever experienced a sleeve that has moved?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14