Help the diesel dummy

duffy1298

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i recently purchased my very first diesel. 2005 f250. i absolutely love the truck and as far as i know it runs like a dream. just want to keep it that way. i know the guy that owned the truck before me and the only problem it ever had was a bad egr valve. lotsa white smoke apparently.......
my question to you guys is: what other than the very basics like oil changes should i be doing to this beautiful truck to keep it running for years to come? all suggestions welcome. thank yall!

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil change every 5000
Fuel filters every other oil change
Clean the EGR valve maybe once a year or so

Put in an EGR delete kit (then cancel cleaning the EGR valve) and change the oil cooler while you have the intake mainfold off
If you have the cash, put in some ARP head studs to prevent blowing a head gasket
Put in a coolant filter after you put in the new oil cooler

If you do all of these things you will have a very long lasting motor. That will pretty much eliminate all of the common issues with the 6.0. The oil cooler relocation kits are the safest bet.

duffy1298

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about the EGR delete. What in the world goes into something like that? Take it to a shop, buy a tuner???? also is running cetane booster recommended?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14