Help!!! Truck Down!

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '04 F350 6.0L fell on its face this evening. It ran fine this morning and was running when I left this evening. I got a mile from the house and the truck quit accelerating. It would idle at ~500 rpm but would respond to the throttle. My wife towed me home (with the truck running) and would never respond to the throttle. Once home I killed it and now it will not start! It acts as if it is not getting fuel. I am new to diesel truck so any advice before I begin repairs will be greatly appreciated.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, having to guess, as I'm not there to look at it, I'd almost have to call that a throttle pedal sensor (yes, you have to buy the whole assembly)

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, now I am really confused. Just went out to check for some of the things you guys suggested and it fired right up and ran like a champ. Killed it and it started again right away. Does this still sound like the same problem? I am trying to find someone with a code reader to see what it might say. No check engine light ever came on. I really appreciate the help you guys provide!!!

atk

Reaction score
Okay, now I am really confused. Just went out to check for some of the things you guys suggested and it fired right up and ran like a champ. Killed it and it started again right away. Does this still sound like the same problem? I am trying to find someone with a code reader to see what it might say. No check engine light ever came on. I really appreciate the help you guys provide!!!

you still may have codes and no CEL. it still might be same problem, but i would start with checking for codes if you can....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14