Help! Truck won't start!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
No current to the low voltage terminal of the solenoid when you turn the key...........

I am not familar with the 6.0 but wonder if it is a fuse/neutral start switch/clutch engage switch............etc.

Tbar

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might also want to check your neutral safety switch, if you're an auto, or the clutch switch if you're a manual...

I assume when you turn the key everything else behaves as normal, with the exception of no rumble from under the hood. You could also put a test light on the control side of the solenoid... if it lights, you have a bad solenoid, if it doesn't something up stream is out of whack...

scotty7751

Big Daddy
Reaction score
on some off the 6.0-h NOs we work one some of them have a funky gears selector switch jiggle the gear selector and make sure its in park. i know it sounds dumb but its happened on a couple of ours. hope that helps

zxsmurf

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer in town and they told me they didn't have diesel mechanics and couldn't fix it. I took it on vacation over the weekend and everything else works fine other than it won't start unless I power up the wire to the starter. I'm getting the repair manual so I can check it myself before I take it to another dealer. I also called SCT to see if it might have done it and they said they didn't think it would do it unless it did it from the beginning.
Also , Had the truck on the looney tune last week and we beat a Mustang GT
3 different times from a dead start. The kid was pi--ed off, and you wouldn't believe the black smoke blowing all over him. He could take me from a roll-on and top end but I killed him in the 1/4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14