Help with TFT HT1000 7" monitor.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
For our new Camper I purchased a LEGACY LDVD84 DVD/VCD/CD/MP3 PLAYER on ebay and the seller included a "TFT 7" DISPLAY" I was just looking for the Legacy so I only bid $85 and didn't really expect to win it but I did :sweet You can get the LDVD84 for $60-75 but I figured for $10 why not get the display too. 7" displays list for $100's of dollars so what did I have to lose? Well now I am starting to wonder..

All the unit says on the box and on the unit is TFT HT1000. I have searched high and low on the Internet but TFT seems to be a name for a monitor rather than a brand name of monitor? Included in the box is the monitor which to my surprise is in a case that mounts like a stereo head unit and the display slides out of it(I think it is motorized), remote and wiring harness. The harness has a yellow plug, white plug, black wire, red wire and green wire. There are NO instructions included. How do I hook this thing up? I am guessing that the Yellow and White plugs are for the video inputs? Would the red be + the black - and the green for??? Could green be to activate the slide motor? What color are power antenna outputs on head units? The unit was new in the box like the seller said but instructions would be nice.

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A LEGACY LDVD84 DVD/VCD/CD/MP3 PLAYER AND A TFT 7" DISPLAY

THE LEGACY LDVD84 IS IN GREAT CONDITION, CAN'T TELL IF IT HAS EVER BEEN INSTALLED. THE BOX THE UNIT COMES IN SHOWS SOME WEAR.

BOTH OF THESE UNITS HAVE BEEN IN STORGAGE, THEY WERE GOING TO BE INSTALLED IN MY CIVIC, BUT I SOLD THE CAR BEFORE I HAD A CHANCE TO INSTALL THEM.

I BOUGHT BOTH ITEMS FROM EBAY, I WAS TOLD THEY WORK GREAT, I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY TESTED THEM, SO I AM SELLING THEM AS IS.

IF THE UNITS ARE DOA THEN I WILL REFUND THE COST MINUS THE SHIPPING.

BOTH UNITS TOGETHER RETAILS FOR OVER $400

THE DETAILS OF THE LEGACY LDVD84:

DVD, VCD, CD, MP3, CD-R, and CD-RW Compatible
Wireless Remote Control
On-Screen Display
3-Way RCA Wire Output
Last Memory Function
DTS Compatible
Manual Tuning Radio
2 Pairs RCA Line Out
1 Sub-Woofer Control
A/V Output
1 Set A/V Input
160 Watts Power Output Max
THE TFT 7" COLOR LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY IS BRAND NEW, NEVER INSTALLED. I CAN'T FIND A MANUFACTER NAME OR MODEL NUMBER ON THE BOX, ALL IT SAYS IS TFT.

Here are a couple of pictures of the unit.

stereo.jpg

Monitor.jpg

edit : I was just reading on the Crutchfield Advisor that "any monitor installed in the front includes a wire that must be attached either to the emergency brake or to the gear selector sensor — an in-dash monitor will not operate unless the vehicle is stopped and the emergency brake is applied" could this be the green wire??

Scot

;()
Reaction score
That should be easy to bypass, I see people wantching tv in the front seat while moving all the time. Crutchfield's lawyers probably made them say that. any constant 12 volt feed should do it. If your not sure about doing it? stop by an audio shop for help.

dpantazis

Reaction score
crumm-

TFT usually means a Thin Film Transistor LCD, a kind of LCD panel. This one though seems to look like a CRT monitor with the make of 'TFT' ??? Look at the curved looking bezel around the display. description says flat panel lcd.
you could probably reverse engineer the green wire.

dennis

Last edited:

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
If it's a CRT unit, all he has to do it look in the back. Does it stick out like a TV? then it's a TV. Is is flat in the back? Then it's an LCD unit.

Typically, the green wire connects to your e-brake switch. Depending on the polarity of the green wire (some manufacturers go positive some negative) is supposed to get, it will tell the unit whether the parking brake is set or not.

Easiest way around it is to just ground the wire is it's a negative activation circuit.

Remote antennas are typically blue. You shouldn't need to use that wire unless you have a motorized antenna. aka. 1980's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58