Help with water temp&fuel pressure probe!

Happy J

Concrete Contractor
Reaction score
Hey guys where is the best place to install water temp probe so I get a good reading. Also how about fuel pressure sensor? I got the gauges from ITP but they don't have much for instructions. This is for my 2003 7.3. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks-Jared

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Did you get the FP gauge adaptor to go from o-ring boss to NPT that ITP sells? The port is on the back of the fuel filter housing, it's a 5mm allen I think.

Coolant....most tap into the housing where the thermostat is. It's also where coolant filters tie in if you have one you'll have to use a "T". If I had a coolant temp gauge I would find a pipe plug in the cylinder head where you'll get a true temp of how hot the coolant is getting.

Happy J

Concrete Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks Rooster.
Yeah I found that out finally from dieselsite's web site.:doh: I had asked Dennis at ITP if I needed that adapter and he didn't say that I did so I didn't order it. Just a misunderstanding between us I guess.
Now on that water temp-that is what I was wondering if there is a place to tap in where the coolant is always flowing through even when the thermostat is closed or like you said in the block somewhere.:dunno Anybody done it before?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14