Help

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Crankin, Welcome to the sight. I too had these questions. The tymare mod-- I made mine out of a 6637 filter and a 4" piece of exhaust pipe. I had added an ATS turbo housing that came with a 4" intake. What I am running is a ATS turbo housing that has a 4" intake and the big filter. The AIH delete is the Air Intake Heater. This is located just prior to the intake going into the engine manifold. As far as the wast gaite, I unplugged the red air line going to the waist gate. This allows me to go up in boost.

Crankin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
Can't find pictures or any instructions on most of the stuff the guys are telling me.
(Tymar type intake? CCV mod, AIH delete??? Tighten up the wastegate??? MAP boost relief??? Where do I find more info on this stuff?)

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
TikiWiki : SuperDutyDiesel Wiki

That should get you started for now.

As for the wastegate...the actuator on the turbo has a rod that can be adjusted on some. It's the canister looking thing on the firewall side of the turbo with a red tube going to it, the adjsutable end is on the exhaust side. You have to remove the c-clip and pull the rod off then shorten the rod to increase spring tension to keep it closed longer. You have to add fuel to make boost so it may not help any if you even have an adjustable one.

Welcome to SDD! :sweet

Crankin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
still not having much luck looking for this stufff.. Does any one have pictures / diagrams / instructions of this stuff? (Tymar type intake? CCV mod, AIH delete??? Tighten up the wastegate)

Thanks, Dan

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score

Crankin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm in Maine (Greater Bangor area). Does anyone have more performance mods for the 7.3 and links to them?

I also took off the cat and muffler tonight and made a side exit exhaust. Now it makes a weird farting noise at part throttle, is this normal?

Thanks, Dan

Last edited:

Crankin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the noise happens wether I'm sitting still reving the engine or driving down the road, it went away after about 5 miles of driving. The noise only happens at part throttle or light throttle. I could hear the turbine spooling and it sounded like something opened up and made almost like a bad exhaust leak noise....

dpantazis

Reaction score
like a whoopie cushion? your boots might b leaking.
look for oil residue around the 6 rubber boots connecting the intercooler and turbo to the pipes, and from the y pipe to the intake plenums.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com. Just wanted to say that the Tymar type intake is a air filter that you can purchase at NAPA. THe part # is 6637. If you are having troubles with boost leaks and there is oil in your boost tubes you might want to look at a CCV mod. (Crank Case Vent) Good luck Keep the posts coming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14