help...

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys most of you know me and know i am in a ram 2500 cummins. i want to be in another ford again so bad, BUT i am getting very scared about getting a 6.0... i thought the later years 06-07 were alot better, but im hearing these stories on here, and they seem to be bad also...i definately dont want a 6.4 for emmisions reasons, and fuel economy.....What do i do?!:confused:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only REAL <new> issue w/ the 05-07 is the change in the hpop
pump connections & theres a recall on it !

dont go messing w/ the pressure(s) (injection & boost) and you
should be fine !

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Like Bush said the 05-07 motors had a slight change. The first 6.0's were plauged with problems, but the more recent have been pretty reliable. Look at the big picture, how many 6.0's are out there and how many of those have problems? There are a whole bunch that have had no issues, you only hear about the ones that do. I would buy another 6.0 E series van right now, if I could find one.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I rolled the dice and bought a used 06. But I didnt just blindly buy, I researched here for common problems to the 6.0L and got the vehicle service history (OASIS), armed with that knowledge and a good test drive I made my purchase.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o yes, i definately know about the oasis report. that came in handy with my brother in laws 06 he bought. we looked at an 05 and it had two issues on it. and the 06 didnt. so we went with the 06. well you guys are building my confidence back. keep it comin!!

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a bully dog triple dog on my cummins, and love it. i want to put it on, but not until warranty is gone. also an air intake is a definate and exhaust. Once the warranty is up im really goin to hop it up! new turbo and all.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2006 f-350...the only prob i had wuz my egr valve got super clogged up...they had 2 replace under warranty...found out on here itz because i babied my truck...now at least 1nce a week but more like everyday...lol...i get on it...more at nite, so the ppl around me get scared cuz all they see iz smoke...lol...no other problems...i luv my truck...my g/f iz actually jelous of my truck...lol !!!

atk

Reaction score
just trade your dodge in and be done with it....:sly....just make sure you get a complete oasis report, like others have said.....:D ....

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what, im in the process of looking i have found my next truck (i hope). Its a 2006 350 king ranch 4x4 dually. if i get it it will be saturday...ill post some pics if i get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14