"HELP"

moosehunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:confused: Has everyone that has a programmer in there 6.0L replaced their head gaskets or head bolts or is that just a myth? I just installed a air intake and 4" mbrp in my 03 6.0L but don't want to run into problems with the engine. It has had no problems "YET" with 75,000km.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
:confused: Has everyone that has a programmer in there 6.0L replaced their head gaskets or head bolts or is that just a myth? I just installed a air intake and 4" mbrp in my 03 6.0L but don't want to run into problems with the engine. It has had no problems "YET" with 75,000km.

04 lariat, 230k, banks 6 gun, lots of mods. Replaced egr cooler and HPOP. Motor still original, truck well cared for. However alot of guys have had a myriad of problems running tuners. Mine's in the shop now with trans. problems that could be power-adder related. You either roll the dice, or you don't. More interesting, to me at least, is you could blow the gaskets w/out adding power. Or add and have no problems. Doesn't seem to be a real pattern.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
f350-

your killin me man....

1. 230k on an '04 - WOW!:eek:
2. i love your signature - that's original:sweet

Thanks, Red. I try to keep a sense of humor. The last time I had some real issues with the truck I realized life's too short to let the little **** get you down. So now instead of getting aggravated, I mess with my sig.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one thing I seem to notice here is that some guys try to hot rod their trucks to become as fast as street cars. Our trucks were never were intended to be like this and of course things will break.

This is why I have a supercharged 94 Mustang GT. It will blow the doors off almost anything. I get my need for speed frustrations out in this car.

My X is the family truck that transports me and the family safely.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am the guy with 30000 miles and need headstuds. Already had the EGR cooler done.

Some people have had the luck of getting the dealer to do the work under warranty and only providing the parts. This is what I am shooting for. Just got the truck dynoed and the dealer said I will need to be doing headstuds soon.Guess they can tell when the upper radior hose is stiff.

Once the headstuds are done I will be putting in the EGR sneeky pipe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58