Help!

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got 04 f250 diesel Sat., got the oil and fuel filters changed Monday. Tonight I noticed the truck is dragging when you get on the accel. It is not doing it everytime but sometimes. Can't get over 2100 rpm and the truck shakes the couple of times I experienced it. No check engine lights are coming on or water in fuel lights. Any ideas?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
It has to be a 6.0 if its an 04. I'm moving it to the 6.0 section. Bryan

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still doing it

Yes, it is a 6.0 and I experienced again this morning on the way to work. It seems to do it after the engine has been run about 30 min.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many quarts of oil did they put in ?
(Not how much they CHARGED you for !)

AND - what type oil did they put in ?

I had two quarts too many in mine from a shop and he said
that's what i always put in - I said then you've done a lot of them wrong !!!!!!!

If it's too much, you may have an issue with the oil being beat into a foam by your bottom end and it not being able to fire the injectors properly :)....

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put 15-40 in didn't list on paper work how many quarts he used. Should I just drain and refill?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Read your dip stick. It should be between the hash marks for the proper amount. NO HIGHER.

Dave

Reaction score
EGR. I really don't think this is an oil issue. Do you know where your EGR is located? Stand directly in front of your motor - look at the plastic fan shroud - go about 2 to 3 inches to the left of center and look at the gray right angle connecter. Next time it does this - stop, shut the motor off and then unplug it. It's important only to unplug it with the motor off. Restart and drive the truck - If it runs better - EGR problem and you need to take it to the dealer and have them check to see if the recall has been done on this truck. The EGR is a covered item under the 100K motor warranty and don't let them tell you any different - it's in the manual. The other option is to remove and clean it yourself. I personally haven't done this yet as I have made the dealer do it.

But if you want to try - I or someone will come up with the directions for it. Does not sound tough to do.

Ron

Last edited:

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I will try to pull it next time. Thanks.:thumbs

Jimmy T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulled EGR

I pulled egr and it hasn't done it again. What would happen if I just leave egr unplugged?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58