help

7.3 fan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 99 f350 7.3. it will start and run only on either when i shut it off i have to use either again it is 95 degrees where i am at so i think that eliminates glowplugs i have replaced the ipr,icp and new fuel filter what is the problem can some one help please

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
i hate to sound like DaveBen, but do you have access to a code reader? not the one at autozone, something more advanced?

DO NOT USE ETHER! just because you >THINK< its not the glowplugs does not mean they are not coming on. faulty sensor could tell the computer to tell them to glow,. add ether and you have a Wile-E-Coyote kind of deal going on. only use ether on things like grampas tractor that do NOT have glow plugs.

code reader will help get you to answer quicker.

why did you change icp and ipr?

dpantazis

Reaction score
i hate to sound like DaveBen, but do you have access to a code reader? not the one at autozone, something more advanced?

DO NOT USE ETHER! just because you >THINK< its not the glowplugs does not mean they are not coming on. faulty sensor could tell the computer to tell them to glow,. add ether and you have a Wile-E-Coyote kind of deal going on. only use ether on things like grampas tractor that do NOT have glow plugs.

code reader will help get you to answer quicker.

why did you change icp and ipr?

Franchi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wait, it will start and run only when? I don't understand your issue...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Being 95 degrees out does NOT eliminate the glowplugs.
My advice would be to start by ohming them out..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14