Here's a new one?

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
Got a new key fob for the aftermarket alarm on my X, works perfect and I've used it for 2 weeks now. Went out to start it this morning and the red THEFT stayed at a fast flash telling me it wasn't going to start. I had it towed to the dealer cause all 3 keys appeared to have dropped the code. At the dealer once off the flatbed I thought just for giggles and wouldn't you know it all 3 keys worked. Any thoughts/ideas. I'm leaning towards the after market alarm interfearing with the stock system. I was going to have a remote start hooked up the the alarm, but now I don't know.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Did you manually open the truck and try the ignition? Who installed the alarm kit? If was done by a business, have them check all connections for tightness under waranty if that is possible. I have a cheapo alarm on mine, but I installed it myself, know its done right, and know what to do if I have a problem. Bryan

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
It was already installed when I bought it, I just got a remote. I'm hop'n the previous owner didn't have these same issues and that's why I didn't get a remote with it initially. I talked with the install place that was going to do the remote start and they said the same thing, check all the connections etc.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you know my viper/clifford did a close thing, it stopped arming and remote starting and while driving the blue led would start flashing going crazy
drove me crazy
we got back home and the alarm guy heard one line and said " the valet switch is tripped"
sure enough my valet switch is in my driver glove box.... i geuss all my junk in there set it while we were driving
so it locked out the system.
he fixed it in about .... that quick
unlocked and locked the door three times with the door switch and it reset.
funny thing is he said is was still armed so if you tried to steal it it would have went off and disabled teh ignition system.

DavidJ

DavidJ
Reaction score
I'm on day three of using the OEM key fob and in a couple more days I'll switch back to the Clifford Matrix III fob and see if it happens again. If so then I'll have the alarm replaced. I'm starting to suspect I may have combined both units functions inadvertantly some how, either unlocking it with the keypad and then disarming the Clifford... I don't know but I'll have to be more alert to using one or the other and not mixing the functions. ???
Appreciate the input. %-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14